Roskilde Shopping

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Viking Museum Gift Shop: nice Pewter Artwork

by easterntrekker Written Jan 11, 2014

Gift Shop
    I enjoyed the gift shop. They had some lovely things. we bout a silver coin medallion which was a replica of an ancient coin discovered from a shipwreck . we also bought a a pewter Viking Ship for our one and only souvineer of Denmark

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel
    • Singles

• HristinaI's Profile Photo

Ro's Torv: Avoid surprise in Ro's Torv

by HristinaI Written Jun 24, 2012
    Ro's logo

The owners of this shopping mall, find it acceptable to harass people. Although described as a beautiful shopping mall, it's not worth the hassle to waste your vacation on the Danish Europark game, there are plenty of free and more welcoming alternatives (City2, Waves, Fisketorvet ect.).

What to buy: When in Roskilde, I recommend to go to the Viking ship museum and buy Viking stuff.

What to pay: 590 Dkk, for parking

• Luxury Travel

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Market FOTEX: Market FOTEX

by mindcrime Written Jan 2, 2012

Market FOTEX

We stayed 4 days in Roskilde so we checked many of the local markets and stores, the one we visited most of the times for food and drink was Market Fotex, which is located not far from the train station.

Apart from the food and drink we need every day they also have some offers that change every week, while we were there we bought some qood quality trolley luggage for 50DKK
    It’s open Mon-fri 9.00-20.00 sat 8.00-18.00

There are many shops at Algade street, the main pedestrian street where you can check for clothes etc. We also noticed some souvenirs, cards and other things like that at the store of Tourist Information, the Viking Ship Museum has also a good gift shop. I’m not sure but I cant remember any special tourist oriented store in the city.

• Andreja86's Profile Photo

Ro's Torv: Denmarks most beautiful mall

by Andreja86 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Ro's torv is a mall located in Roskilde. There are almost 100 stores of all kind at Ro's torv. It has been elected as the most beautiful mall in Denmark in 2005 and 2007.

What to buy: A list of stores can be found at their website. All kind of stores are located at Ro's torv which focus on diversity. You can find restaurants of all kind in all price ranges, a fitness center and a cinema with English spoken movies.

• Andreja86's Profile Photo

Frellsen: Best icecream ever!

by Andreja86 Written Mar 21, 2010

Frellsen is a danish chain and is know for their delicious chocolate.

What to buy: Even though Frellsen is known for their chocolate the icecream I got at Frellsen Ro's torv is the best I've ever got even though I've been to Italy several times.

What to pay: The icecream comes in small portions but cost less than 20 DKR

• jonkb's Profile Photo

Viking ship museum shop: Hnefatafl

by jonkb Written Jun 16, 2004

The museum sells souvernires like any other museum shop. It's just one item I want to tip you about.

What to buy: Hnefatafl. An old viking game that is quite interesting. Like chess or checkers. It's about getting the king to a safe location before he is captured. It's a fun game to play, and I need someone to play it with.

What to pay: Don't remember but I think it was under 300DKK, 250 perhaps

• Museum Visits

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Outdoor Market: interesting Antiques

by easterntrekker Written Jan 11, 2014

This little town market was fun to browse .There some lovely old china and silver pieces as well as lots if books.

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors

• Tuna_ank's Profile Photo

Ankara Dan export: Turkish shop in Roskilde

by Tuna_ank Written Aug 19, 2008

Turkish market

I saw very good Turkish foods there. You may buy "semolina" and use Revani desert recipe.
    Tahin helvasi, Tulum cheese from Erzincan, White cheese etc.

Instant Answers: Roskilde

Comments

Roskilde Shopping

Reviews and photos of Roskilde shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Roskilde sightseeing.