Paldiski Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Paldiski

• LysDor's Profile Photo

The steep limestone bankof Pakry

by LysDor Updated Jun 11, 2004

Favorite thing: The bank of Pakri Peninsula is 25 meters high. And steep and I mean very steep! I just could not go very near the edge as I'm afraid of heights!!

On the high bank there is also Pakri lighthouse.

The bank is hollowed out by the sea during storms. The hollows are actually the nests of black guillemots.

• firefoxx74's Profile Photo

If you can, try and get into...

by firefoxx74 Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: If you can, try and get into the old Soviet base. A friend and I visited the Police station (The only people in the town who we found to speak any French/English) and were very kindly given a map and a stern warning.

As for entrance to the base, there was just a guard who we managed to persuade *cough*bribe*cough* to allow us in. (NOTE: I was young and stupid!) But it was well worth it. Everything looks like it has been just left, and then stripped at a later date. I later found out that we both stood where the Nuclear Reactor was once housed, not something that everyone has done!

• Lodestar's Profile Photo

Paldiski is a rather populat...

by Lodestar Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Paldiski is a rather populat place among divers because of the fact that a couple of decades ago it was a soviet military base and you can still find a lot of interseting stuff in the bottom of the sea.

Instant Answers: Paldiski

Comments

Paldiski Favorites

Reviews and photos of Paldiski favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Paldiski sightseeing.