Pedassaar Travel Guide

East coast
    by leromario

Pedassaar Things to Do

by TheaIren Written Aug 13, 2007

If you have spare time to spend in Estonia take this nice trip provided by Reimann Retked
    to Pedassaare

Pedassaar Transportation

by TheaIren Updated Aug 13, 2007

Buses to Valkla:
    Balti jaam (railway station)- Valkla invaliidide kodu (Valkla elderly home) 7:45-8:36, 16:40-17:46
    Valkla invaliidide kodu - Balti jaam 10:10-11.06, 18:27-19:24
    It is ca 2 km from Valkla elderly home to Valkla seaside center

Pedassaar Favorites

Towards sunset 1 more image

by TheaIren Updated Aug 22, 2007

Favorite thing: Whole island is worthwile to visit. Island is coverd with pineforest and the name Pedassaare itself comes from the name of the tree ( pinetree = mänd ( in estonian ) or otherways told pedajas ).
    My kayak trip to the island came suddenly...I was on my way to home from work when my
    friend called me and said that turn around and lets go to nice sunset trip. Again, I have to say
    that often these sudden trips turn out more fun than sometimes very carefully planned trips.

Fondest memory: It was my first time kayaking and actually I feeled very safe and was not afraid at all.
    I higly recommend this experience to everyone. If you already find the rhytm it is not difficult to oar.
    Views from the sea to the shore is absolutely marvulous and in the evenings you still can see sunset wheather there is clouds or not. We even had a little bit rain, but it does'nt matter.

So we left the mainland around 7PM and kayaked around the island, had snack and small hiking tour and dance on the island and were back on the mainland 10.30PM

Instant Answers: Pedassaar

Comments

Pedassaar Travel Guide
Map of Pedassaar