Scotland Yardist, Tallinn

Uus 33, Tallinn, Harjumaa 6 535 190

Know about this? Rate It!

• Turska's Profile Photo

Scotland Yardist: Funny decoration

by Turska Written May 6, 2013

Ive heard about this place so we had to see it. It sounded so interesting. The place was looking fun, and they had done nice job decorating it. Worth of visiting just because of that.
    Once again, there was some band playing 80´s hits (are Estonian people really so in love with that kind of music?), and the music made us leave after our beers. Maybe it was also little bit more expensive than other pubs.
    But at least they did have quite good beer selection to choose from. Even thought the first ones we asked were all "sorry, no more left".
    We might visit this place agian. Especially, if we happen to be close enough. It was a little walk away from old town. Might have felt even closer in summer, than in freezing weather.

Dress Code: No dress code. The staff was having their own dress code anyway ;)

I´ll add photos soon!

• Music

• Airpunk's Profile Photo

Scotland Yard: Good themed pub for drink & dinner

by Airpunk Written Jan 17, 2013
    Scotland Yard Pub

A cool pub with staff in Police uniform and a lot of police-related stuff on the wall. Food is of good quality with a lot of meat+salad dishes on the menu. The choice of beers and alcoholic drinks was good, though no Guinness was available. The pub is a good place to have a dinner or just a few drinks while listening to music.

Surely not the cheapest pub in Tallinn, but still cheaper than at an average pub somewhere in Western Europe. As you an imagine, the audience mostly consist of tourists as well as local youngsters. Families with children can be seen during the day time while the evening and night are more for party-goes. Still, the atmosphere is good and friendly - those who make trouble are „invited“ to leave the place by the "police".

• boltonian's Profile Photo

Scotland Yard: Theme Bar Heaven - Scotland Yard

by boltonian Updated Jun 24, 2007
    Locked up for spending a penny

A police theme with police barmen, suits of armour on the walls, and the best bit...... Jail Cell toliets complete with electric chair toilets.

A short walk from old town, well worth it for the range of grilled meals and cold beers. Live music some nights, and the biggest fish tank you will ever see. (Have they fixed the huge crack yet?)

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Scotland yard: Arresting Setting

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Dec 13, 2006

Watress in Uniform

Scotland Yard is a typical pub in the centre of Tallinn new town.

The place is inspired by a police station setting, complete with waiting staff dressed as Police Women (I saw no male staff) to include gun, holster, and cufflinks.

The menu, which includes both food and drink, is like a newspaper and the articles and adds are in fact mini menus.

I was surprised when one of my group ordered food to note that a plate of crudites (raw sliced vegetables with dips) arrived on the table. It was great healthy pre-dinner food and I've never seen this available in any pub before.

One was was a complete fish tank which opened into two rooms. Strangely, a number of cameras floated on the bubbles is the tank and I noted that it was some sort of ad for Olympus. That saying, the fish were both huge and real.

When I went downstairs to use the toilets one of my friends suggested that I should take my camera. I was so glad that I did! The toilets are designed to resemble prison cells with bars on the studded wooden doors. Inside the toilet bowls themselves are set in wooden boxes with manacles.

There's a full selection of cocktails, wines, beers and other drinks available as well as bar food. All are very reasonably priced.

The one thing that I didn't like about this pub (and indeed about most pubs I visited in Tallinn) was that we had to leave our table at 8pm as it was reserved. In ireland tables are there on a first come first served basis. I guess we were lucky to have got a table there at all, even if just for 2 hours.

Dress Code: Dress code is casual, but you could wear just about anything and not look out of place.

• Wine Tasting

• Rusket's Profile Photo

Scotland Yard: Dance and cigars

by Rusket Updated Mar 28, 2006

Brad and poons belly dancing

After the meeting in Hell Hunt, it was time for some exercise. MarieChristine took us for a guided tour by night, and we ended up in the pub Scotland Yard. There is a fairly large dance floor, which we had more or less to ourselves. One of their specialities is cigars, and we did of course have to try one ;-) Another speciality is that the waitresses had handcuffs, probably to "arrest" bullying guests. And the toilets were very special, I put up a couple of pictures of them with my "local customs" tip.

Dress Code: We were very casually dressed, and nobody tried to stop us from entering :-)

• Trains

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Scotland Yard

by Gili_S Updated Dec 13, 2006

The Scotland Yard is a nice pub located in the centre where you can have good beer, good cigar and some food as well. All the staff wearing official uniforms ;-)

• Architecture