Know about this? Rate It!
Visit the Tallinn Song Festival Grounds
One of the stops on the city bus tour was the Tallinn Song Festival Grounds. The primary purpose of the Grounds is as a place for song festivals, concerts, exhibitions and other cultural and sports events. The Grounds have also been the location for concerts of international music stars such as Bryan Adams and Metallica.
For Estonians, the Song Festival Grounds have a special political significance. In 1988, the Song Grounds were the site of a united song festival which turned into a grand protest demanding the end of Soviet power, with nearly a third of Estonians participating.
This is the site of Estonias national song festival. It was here, in 1988, the singing revolution had it's high point. Only singers that are found good enough are allowed to sing here. The arena is absolutely huge. In 1990 it is bellieved to house half a million people.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Tallinn Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Ramboda Hotels
- Lago Albano
- West Lorne Hotels
- Kill Devil Hills
- Hornsby Hotels
- Zell am See
- Hollywood Hotels
- Orlando Off The Beaten Path
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- Cabo San Lucas Off The Beaten Path
- Montreal Off The Beaten Path
- Portugal Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Berlin
- Istanbul Off The Beaten Path
- Cleveland Off The Beaten Path
- Maui Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Pennsylvania Off The Beaten Path
- Trondheim Off The Beaten Path