Know about this? Rate It!
Visit the Tallinn Song Festival Grounds
One of the stops on the city bus tour was the Tallinn Song Festival Grounds. The primary purpose of the Grounds is as a place for song festivals, concerts, exhibitions and other cultural and sports events. The Grounds have also been the location for concerts of international music stars such as Bryan Adams and Metallica.
For Estonians, the Song Festival Grounds have a special political significance. In 1988, the Song Grounds were the site of a united song festival which turned into a grand protest demanding the end of Soviet power, with nearly a third of Estonians participating.
This is the site of Estonias national song festival. It was here, in 1988, the singing revolution had it's high point. Only singers that are found good enough are allowed to sing here. The arena is absolutely huge. In 1990 it is bellieved to house half a million people.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Tallinn Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Mazotos Hotels
- Split Rock Hotels
- Kalgoorlie Hotels
- Ebel es Saqi Hotels
- Hangouts and Bars
- Punta Cana Off The Beaten Path
- Vanuatu Off The Beaten Path
- Keenjhar Lake
- Kharkiv Off The Beaten Path
- Bishops Stortford Off The Beaten Path
- Shockoe Bottom
- Tulum Off The Beaten Path
- Burgos Off The Beaten Path
- Moped Rental
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon Off The Beaten Path
- Statues / Murals / Memorials