Bakuu, Tallinn

by BillNJ
  • BillNJ's Profile Photo

Restoran Bakuu: Try if you've never had Caucasian food

by BillNJ Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Restoran Bakuu is conveniently located in the Old Town. While I have had shish kebabs before, this was my first experience with authentic Caucasian food. I enjoyed my meal very much, and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to try something a bit unusual while in Tallinn.

Favorite Dish: Pomegranate in the salad added a unique flavor. The assorted shish kebab that I ordered as an entree was very good. Also, the bread is delicious.

• Bakuu: Azerbaijani Restaurant- Decent Prices

by PhilC2 Updated Apr 4, 2011

The prices are relatively cheap compared with other restaurants, so I was very suprised when we entered the restaurant, as it seemed to have been tastefully furnished with low lighting. I was expecting less. There are no pictures of the inside on their web site and they should do themselves justice and put a few on there. The restaurant was quiet when we went with only 2 other tables taken but I suppose it was only a Tuesday night when we went.

Favorite Dish: I think from memory I had a Bakuu assorted Shish kabab, which swamped the plate with a salad and chips. It was basically a mixxed grill flavoured with paprika. I was absolutely stuffed after the meal and found it excellent value for money.

• AgentJX's Profile Photo

Bakuu: The Best place in Old Town

by AgentJX Written Mar 31, 2006

Caucasian food. Great kebabs and a decent price for being in old town plus friendly service. The rooms downstairs have a little more atmosphere than upstairs, but in either case the food is the reason for the visit. I first came here during a conference I was attending, and not realizing the size of the portions our group ordered an absurd amount of food, but I gladly ate to the verge of pain, and enjoyed every bite. Now every time I am in Tallinn this will be one of my stops for dinner. The kebab sampler is a large portion of food and the meat is well seasoned and cooked perfectly. Also the lamb kebab is well done. Most dishes come with a paprika sauce, and you can add potatoes or rice for 25 kroons more. One of the best restaurants in Tallinn.

Instant Answers: Tallinn