Bocca, Tallinn

by call_me_rhia
    Bocca interior
    by nomadig
  • call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

bocca: the best in town, someone said

by call_me_rhia Updated Sep 25, 2010

Our half-italian half-Jordanian friend married with an Estoniam lady and living in Tallinn told us about this restaurant located in a 500 years old warehouse and said it's possibly the best in town - so we decided to go and take a look. Inside the restaurant looks very modern and smart, but the staff turned out very welcoming as well as professional... to our surprise i must add that it's the only restaurant we went to in the old town, where there were no tourists but only locals.

Favorite Dish: Trusting our friend, we tried to sample as many dishes as we could, so we had goat cheese au gratin and tomato-rocket salad, grilled scallop and king prawn skewer in a squid ink sauce on linguini (see photo), seabass and giant prawn tortelli in saffron sauce and oven baked fillet of guinea fowl with tomato pesto and courgette pie in pomegranate sauce. All was truly delicious...

• nomadig's Profile Photo

Bocca: Fresh Italian

by nomadig Written Jul 3, 2006

Bocca interior

Bocca is a fine-dining Italian restaurant located deep inside the Tallinn old town. Carefully renovated to an old building, Bocca's interior is splendid and gives a good mood for the dinner.

We visited the restaurant on late lunch hour and it was almost deserted. Maybe this was due to summer and the time of the day -- but we did enjoy being served by three or four waiters and waitresses.

The food is tasty, but it took quite a long time to get it on the tables. The service is better than in most of the places we visited -- Finns would call it friendly, Americans maybe even hostile...

I found one peculirity, there were no signs on the bathroom doors. I ended visiting them both and couldn't figure out which was which? Maybe there's no distinction. If this bothers you, take a leak beforehand.

• antoine2000's Profile Photo

Bocca: Dine in style

by antoine2000 Written Oct 2, 2003

A fantastic location in the old town is this gem of a restaurant.

Beautifully set, this restaurant provides fantastic pasta and other italian dishes.

Great prices for folk from the UK, but I would imagine this to be expensive for locals.

Instant Answers: Tallinn

Comments

Hotels Near Bocca
4.5 out of 5 stars