Bogapott, Tallinn

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

BogaPott: Cosy art café

by toonsarah Written Jun 23, 2014

Inside ...

I initially came across this cosy spot as I strolled up the hill to the Upper Town on my first morning in Tallinn. It has a pleasant courtyard, a small inside café space and a shop selling art (paintings and sculpture) by a local family – just the sort of place I love.

It was a cool morning so I decided to sit inside. I ordered an espresso at the counter and was sufficiently tempted by the goodies on display to buy a small rum cake to go with it. The coffee was 2€ and the cake just 1€. Both were very good - the cake being quite dense like a truffle, but moist and well-flavoured with chocolate and rum. It went perfectly with the coffee and I really enjoyed my little indulgence. The café has free wifi so I checked a few emails as I enjoyed my treats, then wandered through to the adjoining shop ... but that is for another, shopping, tip.

A few days later I was here again, this time with Isa. The weather had improved, the sun was out, and so we sat outside in the pretty courtyard. I had a good cappuccino, which cost 2.50€ and she had a huge mug of herbal tea. Another very pleasant relaxing break from sightseeing!

If you are in need of more substantial refreshment they also have sandwiches, soups and salads – and yes, they serve beer and other alcoholic drinks!

Next tip: shopping at BogaPott

• Bamby-Bambi's Profile Photo

Bogapott: Romantic place for a coffee break

by Bamby-Bambi Written Jul 18, 2008

Walking in Old Town of Tallinn is nice, but if you want to make a stop before going to Toompea Hill or coming from it, just on the Pikk Steet (Pikk jalg) you can find a pretty ncie place like Bogapott cefeteria/restoran.. You can order big meal there or just take a up of tea or coffee..
    This is a house of family who is making "poterie": all dishes are hand-made in this place!

I like this place especially at winter time, when there are christmas trees inside, you can come to down-stairs room and warm next to the chimney and drink a hot GLÖGI (hot-wine).

Also you can buy some souvenirs for memory made over there in front of you.

Favorite Dish: At summer time there is very tasty ice-cream cocktail.

This place is perfect for romantic walk ... there are candels everywhere along the wall!

• Cruise

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Bogapott: Cafe

by Gili_S Written Dec 24, 2004

This is nice more of the traditional kind of coffee place in one corner in the old city. I found it by mistake.

Instant Answers: Tallinn

Comments

Hotels Near Bogapott
4.5 out of 5 stars