Pegasus, Tallinn

• Airpunk's Profile Photo

Pegasus: Come here to start your day in Tallinn

by Airpunk Updated Apr 4, 2011

Restaurant Pegasus

Pegasus is one of the more interesting options in Tallinn. It is located in a late soviet building, still spreading some post-modern charme of eastern Europe. It is a little poshy, not to be compared with an old town café. But if you want to have something special, that’s perhaps the best place to go. I went here for a wark breakfast with eggs, warm croissants and fresh orange juice and really liked it. At the time I was there (something like 9:00 am), The place was not full, with just some businessmen having coffee and a lady working on her laptop. Perhaps, this one of the greatest advantages of Pegasus: Although located in the old town, it was not yet discovered by mass tourism. The place is also popular with locals in the evening when it becomes a cocktail bar.

Favorite Dish: Choose from a large choice of breakfast options. I had eggs benedict, some croissants, coffee and fresh ornage juice. Be aware that estonian coffee is so strong that your teaspoon might be stuck in it while stirring – just like I love it! Go there, have a large warm breakfast and skip lunch.

• nomadig's Profile Photo

Pegasus: One of the best

by nomadig Updated Apr 4, 2011

Inside Pegasus

Restaurant Pegasus is an excellent choice for lunch and dinner alike in the Tallinn old town. It is located near the Tallinn tourist info, a couple blocks from Raekoja square. Unlike most of the old town restaurants, Pegasus is not carefully built inside a medieval house, but the building seems to be from the '60s. The restaurant has splendid views to the nearby park, as the windows are from floor to ceiling.

The food is very, very good. Pegasus has been awarded by the Estonian gastronomic association recently. The service is not as blunt as I've witnessed in Tallinn, but it lacks most finesses you expect in the best fine dining restaurants. Estonians have a work to do on the service front.

The restaurant is more pricey than most of the restaurants in Tallinn, but the food is superb, too. The price / quality ratio is excellent.

• Sininen's Profile Photo

PEGASUS: ARROGANT SERVICE

by Sininen Updated Apr 4, 2011

As we had only a few hours in Tallinn before our boat left we didn't want to spend too much time in searching for a restaurant. When we saw Pegasus we decided to dine there, though the prices were higher than we are used to pay. It took us a while to get a table and the busy looking waiteresses and waiters did their most to ignore us. Finally we were lead to a table and got the menus. After that we had to wait at least another 20 minutes before they decided to notice us again. Same happened when we wanted to pay. It might have been an exceptionally busy day and maybe a bad day for them but we saw customers who had arrived after us served before us, so I think we didn't look fine enough for them! Luckily there are lots of other restaurants in Tallinn so next time I will choose one of them.

Favorite Dish: We had salad for the starter and it was excellent, even mouth watering. The main course, salmon, was delicious too. We had nothing complain about the food!

• Photography

• Pegasus: Great cocktails

by reenby Updated Mar 26, 2007

The waiter took our cocktails order and did not recognise the one I wanted - a sidecar. I told him not to bother and switched to a margarita instead.

Lo and behold a perfect sidecar arrived. The barman went to the trouble of looking it up and it was delicous.

The food was lovely too. Expensive but a good night out.

Instant Answers: Tallinn