Restoran Ö, Tallinn

by nomadig
  • Dr.Styranki's Profile Photo

Restoran Ö: Luxury dining in Tallinn

by Dr.Styranki Written Oct 21, 2007

One of the most luxurious restaurant in Estonia. Extremely international approach for creating delicious dishes, however local ingredients are favored. The display of food is excellent.
    Table reservation recommended on busy weekends from 8pm onwards.

Favorite Dish: Eel was served with excellent texture. Jerusalem artichoke soup nice and smooth.
    Tuna fish steaks superb. With rabbit main course the chantarelle sauce took dominance from the rest.

• Luxury Travel

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

O: Oooohhhh O

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Dec 14, 2006

Deer with Goats Cheese & Blueberry tart

A happy group of VTers entered restaurant O in excited anticipation of what promised to be a truly memorable meal.

I was impressed from the beginning as a waitress took my coat and handed me a small silk square on a chain - the silk square had my coat hanger number embroidered on it. It's little touches like this that let you know you're somewhere very special.

The atmosphere is modern yet elegant and we were seated at a long table with a banquette at one side and chairs at the other. The whole image is smart, and the other diners were all well dressed and upmarket. Service is good, if just a little officious. I would imagine that they'll tolerate no nonsense here, so it's not the place to go on a girls or boys night out; nor would I be inclined to bring the kids.

A VT friend had emailed me the menu in advance, so we all had some idea of what we wanted to order. As we had picked our way through various snacks in the Scotland Yard pub next door, none of us wanted more than a main course on this occasion. I was almost disappointed as the menu of starters sounded so delectable.

Prices for starters are more or less equal to the prices of the main courses.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the tenderloin of deer with goatscheese quiche and celeriac in blueberry sauce. I asked for my deer medium rare, and it was thus cooked to perfection. The goatscheese tart provided a nice contrast, as did the little blueberry garnish and some colourful balls of carrot set the dish off to perfection.

I have since heard that the chef here has won many awards, and having eaten the food I can well understand this.

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Restoran Ö

by Gili_S Updated Dec 13, 2006

In this restaurant they will take your coat at the entrance and do serve delicious food. However, if you plan to party and drink a lot, avoid this place as they have only two toilets and you will spend half of your time queuing for them.

Favorite Dish: The tuna fish I had was excellent. (See image)

• Beer Tasting

• nomadig's Profile Photo

Restoran Ö: Dark and tasty

by nomadig Written Jun 25, 2006

Dark interiors of Restoran ��

Restoran Ö is an eclectic restaurant carefully restored in an old harbour warehouse. Poshy dark interiors, peek-a-boo kitchen and very big windows are trademarks of the restaurant.

Fortunately, the quality of the food follows the interiors. The menu is international, there are some modern Estonian dishes and also food around the world. Everything is tasty, and quite inexpensive compared to similar restaurants in Helsinki.

The service is ok, a bit grumpy at the times... But this seems to be part of the package in Estonia, anyhow.

Instant Answers: Tallinn