Restoran Turg, Tallinn

3 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

Mündi str.3, 10146 Tallinn +372 6412 456

Pretzel
    by Dr.Styranki
    The view is nice, though
    by Dr.Styranki
    Turg
    by Marpessa
  • mightywease's Profile Photo

Restaurant Turg: Restaurant Turg

by mightywease Written Apr 12, 2006

View of Tallinn

We visited this charming restaurant at lunch-time and it is a testament to the number of excellent eateries in Tallinn that we intended to go back there but never got round to it.

Inside the restaurant is laid out like a rustic Taverna - green and reddish walls, check tablecloths, hanging plants and displays of chillies, onions and garlic (not real but rather pleasant nevertheless). The bistro style food is very well cooked and I liked the fact that you could have half-orders of many dishes, perfect if you just want a lunch-time snack or maybe share three or four dishes between you. The service too was excellent, efficient and friendly.

At lunch-time it was fairly quiet with a cosy atmosphere, I would have liked to have visited for an evening meal as I would imagine that with the candles lit and the lights dimmed the atmosphere would be both cosy and romantic.

Favorite Dish: We had
    Complimentary Rye/Fruit bread - delicious!

Fish and Chips (half order) with homemade tartar sauce - the fish was actually a dense fishcake and the chips potato wedges but I wasn?t complaining! It tasted good!

Sausages and Chips with English Mustard and Chutney - yummy, especially the chutney

2 Le Coq Premium beers and 2 Le Coq Porter beers
    Total: 269 EEK (11.77 sterling)

• Marpessa's Profile Photo

Turg: Good Restaurant on the Town Square

by Marpessa Updated Sep 25, 2005

Turg

This was actually the first time I ever ate at a restaurant by myself (not including fast food places). I sat in their outdoor section that was on the square in the Old Town. Some tables were undercover others were in the sun, I chose a table in the sun since it was such a beautiful summers day.

The staff were friendly, and I didn't have to wait long to be served. It's in a good position to watch people coming and going around the square.

Open: noon until midnight (12:00 - 24:00)

Favorite Dish: I wasn't very adventurous in my choice of dish. I had the 'market style fish and chips' (half-portion). I'm not sure what kind of fish it was, but it was absolutely delicious! Also the chips were more like diced potatoes than fries, which suited me fine. It may have only been a half-portion, but it was very filling.

It was also a very cheap meal and only cost me 50EEK (plus a drink).

• Dr.Styranki's Profile Photo

Turg: Crowd and sunshine

by Dr.Styranki Written May 20, 2008
    Pretzel

Typical setup for Raekoja Plats and ideal forbeer drinkers who want to eat something. Not a highlight with its menu.

Favorite Dish: Local beer

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Tallinn

Comments

Hotels Near Restoran Turg
3.5 out of 5 stars