Alcohol, Tallinn

Know about this? Rate It!

by Turska
    by Turska
    by Gili_S
  • Gili_S's Profile Photo

Liviko Liköör

by Gili_S Updated Dec 24, 2004

This is local liqueur, Liviko. Made from the local wild strawberries in Estonia. I bought it to taste it and I must confess, it has some similar taste of similar product we have in Finland but somehow I thought that this one is not as good, too sugary to my taste and less fruited taste.

What to buy: Liviko Liköör

• antistar's Profile Photo

The Bars of Tallinn: Beer

by antistar Written Dec 20, 2008

Estonia's two best known beers are Saku and A. Le Coq. If you ask for a Saku what you'll get is a typical pils: smooth and clean. That's the Originaal. Also common are the Hele and Tume (light and dark) varieties. The Hele is like A. Le Coq, a yellow beer somewhat similar to the German Helles or Weisse beer: sweet and hoppy.

Many bars, like Švejki Juures, have their own micro-breweries with their own excellent beers. These are definitely worth checking out.

• Turska's Profile Photo

Drink: Special beers

by Turska Written Dec 18, 2011

In the article I red from this shop they said they do have 270 different beers. It isn´t true. So it was a little bit disapointment for us who try to find new brands every time. But they did have quite many anyway, and some of them I hadn´t seen anywhere else. I haven´t been to any big supermarkets, so I can´t say how good value they do have, but surely this place had better than little Rimi at old town or Supe Alko and other places selling just big briedcases of Saku or some other local big brands.
    I think we will visit it next time also, but maybe we could also try some big superstore like Prisma? We just want to have many new barnds, not only lots of cheap beer like most Finns going here..
    There is a pub in the same building and by same name.
    We were surpised to see many beers being the same price as the restaurant side!

What to buy: Beer and empty pints.

What to pay: Cheapest ones were around 0,70 and most expensive were several euros. But those were really some rear ones.

• Beer Tasting

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Vana Tallinn

by Gili_S Written Dec 24, 2004

This is a local traditional cream liqueur. I am not really sure how the made this one or maybe it is a secret formula. However, you can buy this liqueur in almost every food store in Tallinn

Instant Answers: Tallinn