InterCity Bus, Tallinn

Know about this? Rate It!

Tallinn Bus Station
    Radisson Blu - bus pick-up spot in Riga
    Lux Express Bus
  • toonsarah's Profile Photo

By bus from Riga

by toonsarah Updated Oct 17, 2014

I travelled to Tallinn in the company of eight other VT members on the Lux Express bus. A number of companies serve this route but Lux seemed to offer the best combination of convenient timing, degree of comfort on the bus and price. I paid 16€ for my seat on the 10.00 AM Lux Express but prices vary (some departures are dearer than others, and some buses more "luxurious" so cost more).

This was a reasonable price for the journey as the bus was comfortable with plenty of leg-room, free wifi, an onboard toilet (though one brief stop was made at Pärnu) and hot drinks available from a machine. The individual entertainment screen promised on the website were however non-existent but this didn't bother me as I'm a poor bus traveller unless I spend the majority of my time looking out of the window.

We caught the bus from the stop next to the Raddisson. Blu hotel in Riga's Elizabethes street, but you can also board at the main bus station where the journey starts. The weather en route was not great (either raining or looking like rain) but we enjoyed seeing the countryside, especially the old wooden houses dotted around, and I was pleased that I managed to get a few photos.

The journey took about 4.5 hours (slightly longer than timetabled) and we arrived at Tallinn's bus station where a line of taxis was there to meet the bus. Given the poor weather we decided to take one of these and as it seemed quite a way to our hotel in the Old Town I was pleased that we did so (the taxi ride cost just 7€ shared between three).

Next tip: my hotel, the Boutique Hotel Old Town Maestro’s

From the bus From the bus From the bus From the bus A brief stop in P��rnu

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

LUX EXPRESS

by LoriPori Written Jun 14, 2014

When Hans and I decided that we wanted to go to Tallinn for a few days, we researched how to get there. We decided that by bus would be the best way and chose LUX EXPRESS which is the biggest operator of international coach routes in the Baltics and offers the most frequent service with the Baltic countries.
    We went online - ticketluxexpress.eu - and got all the information we needed - prices - schedules - pick-up points - etc.
    After conferring with fellow VT members who were also going to Tallinn, we all decided on leaving Riga Thursday May 29 on the 10:10 bus at the Radisson Blu pick-up stop - left side of hotel, on Elizabetes 55. There were nine of us on that bus which was awesome. Lux Express even has a free beverage station on board and toilet facilities. After about a four hour bus ride we arrived in Tallinn where we all took taxis to our Hotels.
    Sunday, June 1, Hans and I returned to Riga, again on Lux Express on the 12:45 bus.
    All in all a great experience.
    The cost going to Tallinn was 16 Euros. The cost going back to Riga was 21 Euros. We prebooked and paid for our seats - #13 and #14 online and even prepaid for a taxi voucher for our hotel in Tallinn.
    Total for two was 80,50 Euros.

Lux Express Bus Tallinn Bus Station Radisson Blu - bus pick-up spot in Riga

• antistar's Profile Photo

Intercity Bus

by antistar Updated Feb 22, 2010

Given the paucity of travel destinations available by train, you might want to consider the bus. At least Eurolines can take you directly to Riga in four hours, and then onwards to Vilnius in another four.

The local buses are comfortable enough, but tend to be old. Cheap though. You can book tickets online here, or buy them from the ticket office at the bus station.

International buses are operated by Eurolines, and they have a fleet of ultra modern buses, with free coffee and even wifi. These are spacious and comfortable, with an aircraft feel about them. They certainly compete with the airlines, and the prices can be as low as a few euros from Tallinn to Riga, if you book online.

The bus station is some way from the old town. Take tram 2 or 4.

Super Modern Eurolines Bus Super Modern Eurolines Bus

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

Buses to and from Riga, Lithuania

by angiebabe Written Aug 22, 2008

Buses run quite frequently through the day between Tallinn and Riga taking only 4 to 4 and a half hours each day - and only cost about £10.

Good roads all the way. Flat terrain with crop or tree growing landscapes - nothing particularly exciting to look at but at least its a good connection and you do see some of the countryside outside the cities!

• Women's Travel

• Raimix's Profile Photo

Local inter-city buses

by Raimix Updated Aug 21, 2007

Local buses in Estonia go into different parts of Estonia. I think the most frequent bus schedules are between Tallinn and Tartu, Parnu, Narva. Foreign tourists could use international student tickets for some discounts. Bus station is still not so far away from old town, but I preferred to take tram ride than walk, because walk takes more time.

• Raimix's Profile Photo

Eurolines buses Vilnius-Tallinn-Vilnius

by Raimix Updated Aug 13, 2007

The best way to get to Tallinn from Vilnius or Riga is surely bus. Vilnius - Tallinn bus goes at day till (at morning you sit in Vilnius and at evening (4.50 PM) you are in Tallinn. It goes through night as well. I took night bus and it was quite comfortable, as you don't lose the daytime.

The price Vilnius-Tallinn bus ticket is 27.50 euros. There are discounts for young people, pensioners, and for people who bought ticket 10 or more days in advance.

• Getting to Tallin bus

by Tobias_Plieninger Written Nov 25, 2005

Best connection for the Russia and all Countries except Suomi / Finnland ist the bus.

The busses are run by eurolines. I have linked their page.

From the bus station to the city
    Take tram nr. 2 or 4, bus nr. 17, 17A or 23.

• mario_spring_83's Profile Photo

Bus From/to Riga (Latvia)

by mario_spring_83 Written Sep 6, 2004

Eurolines offers several departure per day from/to Riga but if ihave to tell the truth we had some problems with this bus and we had to leave the day after the one we wanted to: The first time the bus was full, the second time it was broken, the third time,despite we had reservation, they had some troubles and they made us leave on the next bus...so at the fourth attempt we could finally get on that ****** bus.
    Hope you will be more lucky than us....

Instant Answers: Tallinn