Nõiametsa pavilion locates in Toila park on high limestone shore. Great view to the sea and shore opens from this pavilion. This object is one of historical sights of Toila resort park. Nõiamets means "witch forest" in estonian.
Toila beach (with Narva-Joesuu one) is the most popular beach in region and one of the best beaches in Estonia. In warm summer days beach is crowded by people. Much of inhabitans of Johvi and Kohtla-Jarve towns have a rest here. There is also lots of tourists - some stay in local spa-hotel, some were just driving on Tallinn-St.Petersburg motorway and finally did a stop in Toila to visit a beach.
Beach is equipped with showers, drinkable water taps, dressing cabins.
During the summer beach is secured by beach guard.
There is a cave in the park of Toila. It is really nice place to see, aspecially it is attractive for children.
The cave is 1,7 metres wide, 1,4 metres high and 6 metres long. It has been formed in Tiskre sandstone layer. Sandstone can be widely found on the steep slopes of Puhajoe river valley. There is a crevice in the back wall of the cave from where clear ice cold spring water flows.
After the erection of Oru palace in 1899 the Silverspring cave were designed as romantic resting place. The cave is still one of the main sights of Toila Oru park.
Toila/Oru palace was a residence of first Estonian president Konstantin Pats before 1940s. In August this palace was burnt becouse of begining of World War II.
Only base/fundament of the palace preserved nowadays. These ruins were nicely adopted to park landscape & "architecture".
There is small harbour in Toila. It is situated near the beach where river Puhajogi falls to the sea. This harbour was and is used mostly for fishing. It is used also for sports. For example yachting. Youth yacht club exists there.
Valaste is a small village in 10 km to the west from Toila. There is famous highest in Estonia waterfall. This part of sea shore is very high. On waterfall platform for visitors between waterfall and sea is created, so you can stay on platform and enjoy beautiful limestoneshore, waterfall and sea.
In the past roses had special status in Toila Oru park.
In 1924 Estonian industrial activists bought Toila palace complex from Russian merchant Grigori Yeliseyev as a gift for Estonian president. In the Yeliseyev's time in front of palace decorative garden was situated with a grey granite walls preserved untill nowadays. Villa of rich russian merchant was surrounded by gardens in renaissance style.
With coming of president Konstantin Pats park surrounding the palace was changed totally. The drafting of place in front of palace was based on straight lines. On the place of fruit garden the swimming pool was built and rose gradens around it
Three fishes is another legendary place of Toila park. It is an fountain. The water runs in to the huge plate from fishes mouths. This fountain is integrated to the stone wall of palace (ruined). This fountain was created before world war II.
Three fishes is extremely interesting place for children.