Rakvere Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Rakvere

• mcblacktiger's Profile Photo

Viitna Korts: Nice Traditional restaurant

by mcblacktiger Written Nov 21, 2005

I was told that during soviet times this restaurant was a very popular place but now it is a traditional Estonian restaurant and I don't know if it's the same or not.

The place has two sides, the right side is a restaurant/bar and the left side is a cafe that is cheaper and not quite as nice, but I'm sure the food comes from the same kitchen.

The food is good and the inside of the building and the atmosphere is very cool; almost like being in a 18th century barn with a large central table and many side tables. Unfortunatly there were too many light contrasts for my camera to focus properly.

• mcblacktiger's Profile Photo

Virma Pubi,Dragon House: Asian Restaurant and Bar

by mcblacktiger Written Nov 21, 2005

Virma pub and Dragon house restaurant are the same place, but when looking for it it only says "Virma pubi" on the outside.

They serve Chinese, Thai, Indian, and local cuisine. The first night we ate there we had Chinese, which was good but average. I asked the waitress where the cook was from and she said he was Indian. So when we ate there again I ordered an Indian dish and it was very good and spicy, better than the Chinese food. The people that I ate with had basic meat and potato dishes and they were also very good.

The restaurant has a nice brick decor. Because it is also a pub(and in Eastern Europe) it also tended to be a little smoky.

Favorite Dish: The Chinese and Thai food was "good" but average.

The Indian food and traditional meat and potato dishes were "very good".

Instant Answers: Rakvere

Comments

Rakvere Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Rakvere restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rakvere sightseeing.