Haapsalu Restaurants

Pikkpoiss
    Müüriääre Kohvik

Most Recent Restaurants in Haapsalu

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Kunstigalerii OÜ (Epp Maria Galerii)

by MalenaN Written Apr 16, 2010

Coffee with cake

If they hadn’t told me at the Tourist office that there was an art gallery and café opposite I had probably not noticed it. I came to this lovely place to have a coffee and cake before continuing my walk around the town. I had a cake of cheese, chocolate and strawberry jam. It was not as good as my first cake that day, but still yummy. And I had a cup of coffee, which tasted better and was bigger than the first cup of the day. It was 60 EEK (April 2010).
    After the coffee brake I had a look at the artwork, down by the café and in the rooms upstairs. There were paintings, ceramics and decorated wooden tables made by the Estonian artist Epp Maria, her husband and daughter. It was all displayed in a very nice way.

Hermannuse Maja

by MalenaN Written Apr 16, 2010

Waiting for the food

After walking around the castle grounds, and before continuing , I decided it was time for lunch. Near the exit from the castle I found the restaurant Hermannuse Maja. When I entered the waitress gave me the menu and I asked if they had any lunch offers. She pointed at a small blackboard where they advertised a soup for 20 EEK and something called Pikkpoiss for 35/45 EEK. She couldn’t translate pikkpoiss but called for another person who told me it was made of minced meet. I ordered the small portion (35 EEK) and it turned out that pikkpoiss was meatloaf, and it was served with potatoes and some boiled vegetables. I also had a coca cola to drink and it was 15 EEK (April 2010).
    While I had my lunch I was the only customer, but when I left some other people arrived.
    I guess it is a livelier place at other times of the year or the week. At Hermannuse Maja there is also a cellar bar and three guest rooms.

Müüriääre Kohvik

by MalenaN Written Apr 14, 2010

Cake and coffee at M����ri����re Kohvik

Müüriääre Kohvik is a lovely café situated outside the western walls of the castle (Müüriääre actually means beside the wall). On the menu there are salads, sandwiches and of course cakes and pastries. I had a very delicious cake (wouldn’t mind a piece of that cake now) and a coffee, which was rather small. It was 60 EEK (April 2010). And I liked the interior and the comfortable armchair I was sitting in.

The café is open between 10 - 22.

Kohvik: Kohvik

by bonio Written Jul 4, 2005

Well the sun is out, we've just arrived in town, guess what? yep time for a snack and a beer!
    Good outside beer garden right by the castle walls, food very tasty, beer cold, could not ask for more - enjoyed!

• LysDor's Profile Photo

Pizza Grande restaurant

by LysDor Updated Jun 11, 2004

During a day trip, what is the most suitable lunch food if not a typical Estonian pizza

Pizza Grande restaurant at Karja street serves quality pizzas in a jugend atmosphere.

When eating outside You should order pizzas and pay them first inside.

Don´t forget to order your local beer

• niamey00's Profile Photo

Pizza Grande: Quick pizza stop

by niamey00 Written May 4, 2004

We were looking for a quick bite on our way to Tallinn, and Pizza Grande was open. They serve pizza and pasta dishes. The pasta was OK, but the pizzas were good, "normal" pizzas, some of the best we have had in the Baltics.

• In the island of Hiiumaa with...

by mhaa Updated Aug 24, 2002

In the island of Hiiumaa with population of 11000, there are just few restaurants but when you find one, you can fill your stomach very cheaply.

On my trip, I had my best steak in Kõrgessaare at the VIINAKÖÖK restaurant, which is situated in an old alcolhol factory.

In the centre of Käinä, a small village on the south coast of the island, a small bar called Tondiloss serves sizeable and tasty lunches at the price of some 30 kroons (2 Euros!). You won't stay hungry there. The nearby Liivia hotel is a bit more stylish and their menu has about double prices (still not pricey).

In the largest town (actually a village too) of Hiiumaa, Kärdla, we could not even find a place to dine!

Favorite Dish: Normally picked the most expensive meal of the menu. In Hiiumaa, even a budget traveller can afford that.

Promenaadi: Promenaadi

by bonio Updated Jul 8, 2005

Hotel restaurant, good choice on the menu and in a great location. Had my first taste of wild boar mmm very good, several vegetarian options for Mrs B.

Hermannuse Maja: Hermannuse Maja

by bonio Written Jul 5, 2005

Smart and friendly bar with a good outdoor terrace for the sunny days. Food very tasty and well presented, good choice for vegetarians. Also do accomodation they told us.

Instant Answers: Haapsalu

Comments

Haapsalu Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Haapsalu restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Haapsalu sightseeing.