This map can be found at the church of St Andrea. The mountaineering club Matka has several marked hikes starting from here.
1) Marko’s City and Church St Nedela
2) Monastery St Andrea
3) Monastery St Nikola
4) Monastery of St Bogorodica
5) Lower Koacica Spring (dried)
6) Upper Koacica Spring (dried)
7) Petrov Stone, St Spas, remains of churches St Troica and St Michael
8) Old Village of Matka
9) Present-day Upper Matka Village
10) Present-day Lower Matka Village
11) Gragorot and Gumniste (?)
12) Rupine Pasarkose Oslamne (?)
I like the walk in from where you've parked the car alongside the river and up to the dam. Then the lake itself. There are some very old signs warning against taking photos. I seem to escaped:)
Fondest memory: The coolness inside Sveti Andrei -- the views -- the frescoes in the church.
It's fun to see so many people enjoy the beauty of Matka Canyon and to share in that enjoyment.
Fondest memory: Poppies in the rocks seen on the walk in ... This picture was taken in late May 1998.