Bitola Nightlife

• The Guys On My First (Early Evening) Visit
    The Guys On My First (Early Evening)...
    The Bar At Midnight
    Light Show

Most Recent Nightlife in Bitola

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Shrek: Definitely Not Ageist!

by johngayton Updated Aug 6, 2011

Shrek Frontage (and pub sign)

This is a cracking little bar that I discovered on my first night here in Bitola. Early evening there were only a couple of regulars and the proprietor present, the ashtrays were taking a beating and there was some chill, vaguely recognisable, music being played over the speakers. My stumbling effort at asking for a beer in Macedonian resulted in welcoming smiles and the useful guidance towards the Prilep-brewed "Zlaten Dab" - "Much better than "Skopsko" was the consensus. So who am I to go against the consensus? - especially where beer is concerned.

This was my first taste of the " ' Dab" (the name means "Golden Oak") and yep, following the consensus was definitely the correct course of action.

So one beer became three and a very pleasant hour enjoyed during which I was quizzed (in an interested rather than inquisitive fashion) as to where I was from, what I was doing in Bitola and how did I find this bar?

I was tempted to hang a while further but not having eaten since breakfast in Skopje solids had overtaken liquids on the agenda. So I bade my farewell to the guys and off I went in search of food.

The following morning I happened to be passing and the proprietor and a couple of the guys were sitting outside having a coffee (and of course beating the ashtray to death). They waved me over and the boss shot upstairs and brought me down a coffee. I assisted with the death throes of the ashtray as I got the lowdown on the elections which were running at the time - the guys were not impressed with the main "nationalist party".

HA! By now I'm starting to feel like a local.

I didn't manage a visit that evening but the following one, my last night in Bitola, I made a purposeful visit about 11-ish. This is about the time Shrek comes to life. The lights are dimmed and the light show flackers as the proprietor mans the decks. The music was still vaguely recognisable, the volume not too deafening, and once again I was welcomed like a long lost brother. The bar was busy, various couples and groups occupied most of the tables and my presence upped the average age quite considerably. This became another three beer mini session and I bought the guys a beer as I said my final farewells (for this visit at least).

I liked this bar - people make places - and even though it is a bit younger and trendier than suits my personal tastes it has a great atmosphere. Most Sundays they have live music whilst Friday and Saturday night the boss does his DJ bit. Unfortunately I didn't catch a Sunday night but next time...

• Music

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Pub Shrek: Maybe you could find the love of your life

by Roadquill Written Jun 9, 2011

Irish Pub or ?????

Quite frankly, I chickened out and did not enter said establishment. I mean, what if Ms. Shrek was waiting for me.... or worse Donkey.

Dress Code: I think you need to display abundant flesh.... green flesh I believe.

• Photography

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Pubs on Main Street: Hanging out on Main Street

by Roadquill Written Jun 9, 2011

The main pedestrian drag, on the map as Marshal Tito, is bar after bar with small tables laid out where you can grab a drink, a light meal and enjoy the evening. The street gets quite busy, especially on Friday night, where seating is at a premium.

• Photography

Infinity Club: DJs, DJs and more DJs

by MacedonianUK Written Aug 29, 2009

Infinity together with Raschekor are two main nite clubes in Bitola.
    If you want realy good nite out, dancing till the small hours than visit INFINITY.
    One thing is sure, they always have great DJs as guests, and you wont be disapointed!

Dress Code: Smart casual

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

RASCHEKOR: Best party club in town

by MacedonianUK Written Jun 19, 2009

Rascekor exist since 1991,( I should know, I use to go there regulary as teeneger!)
    its own & run by two brothers.
    It;s started as caffe/music club,many years ago, and now it is one of the best niteclubs in Macedonia & leader in the region.
    Going to Raschekor is to know that you going to have great nite out.
    Many well known DJ from Macedonia & abroad, spinn their records /music in Raschekor.
    They organise beach parties in Ohrid too.
    If you are visiting Bitola, & want to have smashing time partying than hit Raschekor.

Dress Code: Smart casal is OK. But be avare the girls will be dres to kill.
    For Girls LBD & killer hills & for men jeans, shoes & shirt/dresy t-shirt. NO trainers thou!

Pajton caffee: The feel of French bistro in Bitola

by MacedonianUK Written Sep 1, 2005

The feel of French Bistro mixed with the unique Bitola enteriors of old.
    The Pajton caffe is located on the bigining of the second half of the Shirok Sokak directly oposite from Hotel EPINAL.
    Great for people watching and spending relaxing time with your friends.

Dress Code: Smart casual atire.

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

House of Culture: Bitola: A poster for "Macedonian Monodrama"

by shrimp56 Updated Jul 29, 2003

We're a little late for this event -- but the cultural activity in Macedonia is plentiful. We saw the poster at Heraclea.
    The definition of monodrama is: A drama acted, or intended to be acted, by a single person.

• Theater Travel

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Bitola Cultural Summer: Bitolsko Kulturno Leto

by shrimp56 Written Jul 22, 2003

Bitola has followed the path of Ohrid in Skopje in putting on a summer cultural festival. Many of the events are in the amphitheatre at the Roman city of Heraclea.
    Culture has always been a part of Bitola's life as the second city of Macedonia. It was here that the Manaki brothers made the first Macedonian films in the early part of the 20th century. The annual film festival is named in their honor.

Instant Answers: Bitola

Comments

Bitola Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Bitola nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bitola sightseeing.