Bitola Restaurants

Restaurant Frontage
    Well-presented Bar!
  • Some Of The National Delicacies We Enjoyed
    Some Of The National Delicacies We...

Best Rated Restaurants in Bitola

• JLBG's Profile Photo

Restaurant of Hotel Epinal: Good local food

by JLBG Written May 27, 2011

Restaurant of Hotel Epinal

We did not go to the Hotel but to the restaurant of the hotel. It looked a bit formal but finally nice.

Favorite Dish: We had excellent soup, a great mixed grill with Kajmak, a marinated pork fillet served with smoked ham and mushrooms in a cream sauce. We washed it with a very decent Merlot. And not to forget that the freshly baked bread sprinkled with sesame seeds was excellent. 2748 MKD for 2

Sweet shop "KANELA": Sweet tooth and more

by MacedonianUK Updated Jun 29, 2009

If you are like me and you have sweet tooth, then "KANELA" is place to come.
    The shop is located on the lower part of "Shirok Sokak" street towards the City park and the Museum of the City of Bitola.
    The Shop serves mix of Vienna sweets and torte and Oriental sweets and sweetmeats, also serves cold and hot drinks. You can also order your Birthday cake here or simply enjoy cup of coffe and pece of cake, the choice is yours.
    But if you are in Bitola do not miss it!!!

Favorite Dish: My favorite is the Rich Chocholate cake or the Tiramisu slices. Great with big cup of cappuchino.

• Archeology

Restaurant GRNE NA SHIROK SOKAK: Best Macedonian & local delicasses

by MacedonianUK Updated Aug 17, 2010

GRNE NA SHIROK SOKAK is a great Restaurant, it is situated in the building of the old Russian Consulate.
    The athmosphere is as walking into old Macedonian town house.
    The dishes served there are Macedonian National dishes & many of the local favorites too.
    Their menue is extencive, and all of the dishes are served in traditional clay pots.

Favorite Dish: I like everything in this restaurant. As I live part of the year abroad, I miss Macedonian cusine, so I visit ofthen...
    Bitola is known, for Chkembe chorba and Kukurec.
    It's said that chkembe chorba is good for your hangover.
    And many Anovi & akchilnici in the past were open early in the morning to serve fresh chkembe chorba to the local bohemians :)
    Chkembe chorba is made of the stomack of the calfs.
    I know its sound grouse but actualy is delicious!!!
    If you visit the restaurant then try:
    Gravche Tavche
    Kukurec
    Pindjur
    Janija
    Turlitava
    Djuvech
    Selsko Meso
    Home made sausages
    Pitulici pod sach so luk i Orevi
    Shopska Salad
    Makedonska Salad
    Posno Meze

Whatever you choose , you will have great gastronomic experiance

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

"Kaj Kire" ("Kire's place"): Best takeaway burek in town!

by MacedonianUK Written Nov 22, 2004

The small bakery is situated in the hart of the Old Charshija or makret. It is family run establishment and it is been around for over 20 yrs.
    The bakery only sells Burek and soft drinks. Has small eating area with 3-4 tables, but predominantly the local people buy burek on the go.
    The thing wich make it special is that the burek is made from some very old Turkish recepy and is very authentic.The chooice is also vegeterian .Delicious with cold glass of yougurt.
    Prices are also very low. For big pice of burek with meat and spices and glass of yougurt you will pay less than 1 Euro.

Favorite Dish: My favorite is Burek with meat and spices,but there is cheese,spinach,potatoes,apples....

• DAO's Profile Photo

BURE: OVER A BARREL

by DAO Updated May 31, 2011

GENERAL INTOXICATION

Bure means ‘barrel’. You start to realise this when you are looking at massive barrels across this happening little restaurant. Owned by a very friendly guy called Mihail, we were made to feel welcome by all the staff. The food is mostly pizza, but its really good pizza made in a wood fire oven. Unlike a lot of ‘authentic’ pizza places you can add on as many ingredients as you want. It has always irritated me when a proper pizzeria restricts what topping you can have.

Bure also prides itself on being a great place to drink beer. Beer and pizza are almost as good as sex in anyone’s book – and you can get 2 of the 3 aforesaid subjects right here.

In terms of location this is right in the middle of the ‘Bitola Strip’ also known as the Café Mile. Before you get to far into a pub crawl you could go upstairs and survey the mass of humanity along the strip and decide on the best course of attack into the rest of the Bitola nightlife.

And the best recommendation? The local Police eat here. Service with a smile and added security.

Favorite Dish:
    A medium pizza with ham, mushrooms, and egg. I had diet coke because I was driving but Holger said the beer was good.

• Adventure Travel
    • Beer Tasting

Pizzeria SORENTO: "Polneto grne", the local dish of exelence

by MacedonianUK Updated May 13, 2005

The restaurant is small light place with about 10 tables. It is run by young couple,who has penchant for all Italian. They have great pizzas but the best thing is their local dish "polneto grne" with chicken.
    They also have pizza takeaway service.

Favorite Dish: Polneto Grne and coold Coke.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

NATIONAL RESTAURANT GRNE: MACEDONIAN NATIONAL DISHES

by LoriPori Written Jun 11, 2011

National Restaurant Grne

Friday May 27, 2011
    The venue for our Virtual Tourist official dinner was at the NATIONAL RESTAURANT GRNE. We were treated to a large table filled with Macedonian national dishes. I don't know the names of the dishes - all I know is that what they had to offer was delicious. There were little cabbage rolls, meats, cheeses, tomatoes, olives, bowls of nuts, including almonds and hazelnuts. I think I tried everything.
    The Grne na Shirok Sokak, as it is also known, is situated in the building of the old Russian Consulate. Right in Magnolia Square at the top of Shirok Sokak.
    Our price was 17 Euros per person and included drinks.

Milenium, Porta Jazz...: Many cafees on shirok Sokak

by MacedonianUK Written Jun 27, 2009

Shirok Sokak is the main street in Bitola.
    Is full of caffees & shops, but one thing is evident, the French feel of Bisto's in town...
    Mostly people meet for a coffe & chat.
    Shirok Sokak is the place where young & old meet...
    And coffe is MUST!

Favorite Dish: Different kinds of coffe, cold drinks & alhohol.
    Many varaitys of nibbles & ice-creams...

Taverna El Greco

by yumyum Written Jun 14, 2011

outside view in the warm season

When we were looking for a lunch place we found an outside table with comfortable seating at the El Greco.

The menu was not in English but the waiter offered to translate. They don't have a wide variety of food or else we weren't able to really understand what it was. Anyway, I opted for a pizza which was not a typical pizza but something similar and it had sesame seeds on it. It was tasty.

Bure: Pizza Bure

by yumyum Written Jun 14, 2011

upstairs in the Bure

We headed here for lunch on a rainy day. Since there were no free tables outside we headed upstairs and were pleasantly surprised by the cute interior. The feet of the tables were old feet of sewing machines. There was a tiny smoking balcony which offers views on Shirok Sokak.

Bure means barrel and outside on the building there is a barrel hanging. Inside there are various barrels to be seen. Their specialty is pizza. I just had a snack which was a hotdog in pizza dough and cheese. It was fantastic and cost MDK 40. Actually, I wouldn't have known what to order but I saw some girls at another table and asked the waiter what they had.

The owner of the place is very friendly and explained us the wall painting etc. While we were there also a policeman came to eat there.

I would love to revisit one day. BTW, you may find Bure Pizza on facebook.

Millenium: Restaurant Millenium

by yumyum Updated Jun 14, 2011

my yummy dish

After we had drinks in the downstairs café, we went upstairs to the restaurant in the Millenium Hotel to order dinner. The restaurant has 60 seats. Service was attentive, very attentive with a good comand of English.

Since there was quite a big group of us and we didn't want a set meal, some people had to wait quite long for their food which was freshly prepared.

I don't remember the name of the dish I had but something like kebab Millenium. It was absolutely delicious. The sweet dessert was a dream, it was so light to eat.

It was nice dining in a good atmosphere. BTW, there is a small smoking balcony. All the restaurants in Macedonia seem to be non-smoking which is excellent.

Pizza Bar Bure: Great pizza to share

by MacedonianUK Updated Apr 4, 2011

Pizza Bure is located on the lower part of Shirok Sokak and is a great plae to meet friends.
    Bure is very popular place to meet your friensds & share pizza.
    They have extencive menu of Pizzas & great selectons of beers.
    The thing I like is that you have this humongus pizza to share. I am not joking good 6 people can have their fill, and its cost only 400 MKD denars !! or just under €7.

Favorite Dish: Any pizza.
    I like that pizza is seved on this big wooden board, cut up and ready to share with your friends.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Millenium Hotel Restaurant: Quality Hotel Resto

by Roadquill Updated Jun 9, 2011

I rarely enjoy a hotel restaurant meal. They are usually pasty and/or tastless and/or overpriced. However, the Mellinium Hotel Restaurant provided a quality local menu, prepared well and was nicely priced. Even though our VT horde decended without much warning, the service was good and the waiters friendly. There is a small balcony overlooking the main street.

Favorite Dish: My stroganoff was well prepared and the Bovin cabernet was very good and fairly priced.

• Photography
    • Wine Tasting

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Kaj Popo: Friendly Waiter And Local Specialities

by johngayton Updated Aug 6, 2011

Restaurant Frontage (In Daylight)

Having had a pleasant few beers at Shrek (see nightlife tip) food became the order of the day. Passing this little place on a balmy late May evening the checkered tablecloths of the outdoor seating, a couple of which were occupied by obviously locals, caught my foodie eye.

Here's another example of people making places. My waiter, Stefan, was a marvel. As I bade him "Dobar Vecher" (OK that's Bulgarian but it seems to work here In Macedonia) he immediately recognised that I was an English-speaking foreigner and switched to the most perfectly elocuted English I've ever heard spoken.

I used my new Macedonian phase - "Zlaten Dab Molam" and from there on a very relaxing and chill out hour or so was spent.

Favorite Dish: The menu, quite usefully, is pictured on the restaurant wall (with English transliterations) and so I'd sort of decided what I was going to have (to accompany my beer). Pastrmajlija Bitola turned out to be neither pastry nor pizza but a sort of cross between - an almost flaky boat-shaped crusty dough filled with spicy chicken in a tomato and roasted pepper sauce. Adding a mixed salad (which was seriously substantial) made for a light but filling repast and the total bill of 220 Den a total steal.

Stefan was great, very attentive and upon enquiring where he'd learned his English he informed me he was self-taught. He'd learned solely from watching movies (English and American) and reading English language books.

• Beer Tasting

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Pajton Cafe: Watching the world go by ...

by shrimp56 Updated Aug 3, 2003

We wandered up and down the street taking in the sights before we sat down and had something cold to drink. We sat outside, but if you go be sure to look inside. On the walls you will see shelves with all sorts of objects brought in by friends of the owners.

Instant Answers: Bitola

Comments

Bitola Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bitola restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bitola sightseeing.