Biljanini izvori Restaurant, Ohrid

Biljanini Izvori
  • Pijlmans's Profile Photo

Biljanini Izvori: Mind your step

by Pijlmans Written Aug 9, 2014

The restaurant is located next to the Biljana Springs, outside the old center of Ohrid.

We were here with 6 people, two friends, my parents-in-law and my girlfriend and myself.

First we ordered two plates with starters (ordever), a vegetarian one and one with meat, a Shopska salad and another salad. This was more than enough for six people.

The house rakija was not very special.

My mixed grill was excellent, and almost too much for one person, since we also had the starters and salads. I really liked the meat, and especially the home-made sausage was very good.

Also my friend and father-in-law had meat dishes that were quite good.

The vegetarian pot ordered by the two vegetarian girls and my mother-in-law had was rather tasteless, and they thought it mainly consisted of frozen vegetables. There were supposed to be mushrooms in the dish, but there were not.

It was Ilinden day, the most important holiday in Macedonia, and there was live music, and traditional dancing inside the restaurant.

Overall: Good atmosphere thanks to the music and dancing, and good meat. The vegetarian option was not so good.

We think back at this restaurant with mixed feelings: After the dinner we visited the wooden replica of a boat next to the restaurant at Biljana Springs. The boat was not well illuminated, and my girlfriend made a bad fall in the boat and broke her ankle. This was the end of our hiking holiday in Macedonia!

Biljanini Izvori Biljanini Izvori Biljanini Izvori Biljanini Izvori The boat....

• sisterjenche's Profile Photo

Biljanini izvori Restaurant: Near the Biljana Springs

by sisterjenche Updated Jul 10, 2003

The "Biljanini izvori" restaurant is located at the exit from Ohrid, near the legendary Biljana Springs. It offers 100 indoor seats, and 150 seats on the summer terrace. The restaurant's specialties are barbecue and fish dishes, as well as national cuisine specialties.

Instant Answers: Ohrid