Stip Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Stip

Mal Odmor: just OK

by Pijlmans Updated Oct 2, 2010
    Mal Odmor

Mal Odmor means "small rest".

It seemed the waiters take this name very seriously, because it took a long time before somebody even came to our table (although the place was almost deserted).

We had a nice table outside.

My dish (grilled meat with some fries) was OK, but for my vegetarian girlfriend it was hard to find something on the menu. Again, the waiter was not really helpful in finding an alternative for meat.

Roma: Famous Pastrmajlija from Stip

by Pijlmans Updated Oct 2, 2010
    Roma

When we asked the staff at our accommodation (Kezovica Spa) for a good restaurant, they recommended pizzeria Roma in the center of Stip. They couldn't have done us a bigger favor!

We had dinner there twice, both of the times the Pastrmajlija Stip is famous for. Pastrmajlija is some sort of oval pizza, with dices of dried pork on top...It is quite different from the ordinary pizza though...

The first time I had the normal version, the second time the special version with egg on top. My girlfriend had a custom-made vegetarian Pastrmajlija, with cheese and mushrooms. Big compliments to the chef for making this on request!

The waiter was very friendly.

When we got the bill, it was about 6 euros for two people, including drinks...We first thought they had made a mistake :-)

Don't get turned off by the fact that you may be the only customers...The restaurant is in a back street and does not get a lot of attention...The fact that it was recommended by the locals (and by me now!) should be enough!

Favorite Dish: Pastrmajlija baked on wood

Irish Pub Dublin: Do not go here

by Pijlmans Updated Aug 31, 2010
    Dubious Dublin

I wonder how they can call themselves Irish Pub without Guinness on draft?! I ordered a Guinness, expecting draft (of course???), but it came in a bottle...Nobody is waiting for overpriced bottled Guinness! I can get that in the supermarket...We want draft! Better order a pint of Skopsko beer next time...

That was the first disappointment.

The food was OK for pub food, although the mushrooms on the vegetarian pizza of my girlfriend were watery and obviously came from a jar....

The bread that came with the food (my dish was called Dublin Burger, doesn't that imply bread??) was charged extra...Well, that happens sometimes, doesn't it?

The most remarkable thing was that they charged extra for the garnish on my plate (two slices of tomato and a leaf of salad!). Isn't garnish always included? Who wants garnish anywayz in a pub? What if I wouldn't have eaten it? Would they not charge it and recycle it for the next customer???

Indeed, 3rd disappointment!

We will not go to "Dubious Dublin" again...

Restaurant Cardak: Famous Pastrmajlija from Stip

by Pijlmans Updated Mar 23, 2008

Restaurant Cardak

Stip is famous for its pastrmajlija, an oval pizza topped with chopped meat.

The pastrmajlija is restaurant Cardak is very good, and they can make you a vegetarian version with e.g. mushrooms as well.

Instant Answers: Stip

Comments

Stip Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Stip restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Stip sightseeing.