Know about this? Rate It!
This plaque marks the spot... [Or it used to!]
This plaque marks the spot where the house stood in which Mother Teresa was born in Skopje. [She was of Albanian ethnicity.] There is a double irony here... first many people missed this plaque even though it was right on the walking area going towards the main shopping center. The second irony is that it is no longer there because people kept breaking the chains! [As you can see in the picture.] They have installed a [controversial] statue of her a few blocks away though.
The new plaque for Mother Teresa
The old one was in the street on the site of the house. This is just slightly to the side and out of the way of traffic.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Low rate guaranteed!
- Otel.com No booking or cancellation fees! Book with otel.com & get 5% bonus
Skopje Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Bora-Bora Hotels
- Ko Mai Thon Hotels
- Madinat `Isa Hotels
- Muddus Nationalpark
- Patna Hotels
- Copenhagen Off The Beaten Path
- San Juan Off The Beaten Path
- Italy Off The Beaten Path
- Banff Off The Beaten Path
- Victoria Off The Beaten Path
- Cameron Highlands Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Off The Beaten Path
- Germany Off The Beaten Path
- Liguria Off The Beaten Path
- Sevilla Off The Beaten Path
- Townsville Off The Beaten Path
- Saint Augustine Off The Beaten Path