Know about this?
Honnest taxi driver
I was also scared to drive with a taxi but i found on vt forum name of one taxi driver who helped me a lo. his name is Goran tel. 00389 71 22 75 71 and e-mail: email@example.com. He drove me to Pristine and back and he even did not charge the waiting.
The taxis drivers seemed to be pretty decent, like elsewhere in the country, but I heard that the taxi drivers that wait for people at the airport will seriously overcharge you. But that warning came from the Lonely Planet guide, which despite its usually high standards, wasn't exactly reliable for any of my trips in the Balkans.
Some taxis in bus station overcharge tourists. But I took cabs several times in the train station, and they were very honest and fair. Just it's wise to ask they turn the meter on if you notice it's not working.
If you pay in dollars or Euro...
If you pay in dollars or Euro make sure you know the current exchange rate otherwise you will be give a totally ridiculous rate. And when you catch a cab, get one with a meter or negotiate the fare before you start the trip.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Beds for all Budgets!
- Hostelworld.com Sleep Easy on your travels Read 1 million+ ratings & reviews
Skopje Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Sunny Beach
- Gebeng Hotels
- Pulau Batam
- Kovalam Hotels
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Madison Heights Hotels
- New Plymouth Hotels
- Varanasi Warnings and Dangers
- Pulau Langkawi Warnings and Dangers
- Durban Warnings and Dangers
- Santa Monica Warnings and Dangers
- Krakow Warnings and Dangers
- Sevilla Warnings and Dangers
- Hong Kong Warnings and Dangers
- Positano Warnings and Dangers
- Oahu Warnings and Dangers
- Guam Warnings and Dangers
- Areas to Avoid
- Liverpool Warnings and Dangers