Nightclubs and bars in Helsinki

waiting...
    Hartwall Arena

Most Viewed Nightlife in Helsinki

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Rush live at Hartwall Arena!: Rush live at Hartwall Arena!

by mindcrime Written Aug 20, 2013

The main reason we traveled to Finland was to see the Canadian prog rock band RUSH live. They played at Hartwall Arena, a large venue that houses concerts, dance perfomances and ice hockey matches. During a concert can house about 15,000 people. As expected it has lots of fast food outlets with 3000 seats! The Arena has a circular shape, completed in 1996 while the first public event was the Beach Boys concert in 1997.

Anyway, we were there for RUSH, people started to come and fill up the venue slowly, many fans were buying their merchandise (as always expensive) while others were drinking beers. The concert of RUSH was great, they played for 3 hours, great performance by a great band, some classics at first part while the second part was a performance of their latest album Clockwork Angels with a string ensemble on stage… magic from a powerful trio that formed back in 1968 and kept giving great music since then!

During the concert there was an intermission so we had the chance to buy some beer (7euro, ouch!)
    We took bus 58 to Hartwall Arena which is located next to Pasila train station. From the center you better use a train (it’s the first stop out of the main train station). After the show there were empty trains waiting for thousands of fans to be taken back to the city.

• Luckell's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe Helsinki

by Luckell Updated Apr 28, 2013

Hard Rock Cafe Helsinki was newly opened. It is a cool restaurant in downtown Helsinki. I have actually not been there myself but every time I walk past the place, I'm dreaming of visiting the restaurant. I have to go soon! I have seen it from outside and heard about it. Only good things. It is definitely worth a visit if you like music and great food. The opening hours are following:
    Sunday-Thursday 11:00-00:00 (11 am in the morning to midnight)
    Friday-Saturday 11:00-02-00 (11am in the morning to 02:00 in the night)

Dress Code: I would say the dress code is pretty free. Of course, the place is festive and fancy, so you can wear better clothes if you want, but I don't think you're getting out-kicked if you have a t-shirt and jeans. Depends on you, if you want to look good or not. Enjoy!

• School Holidays

Bar Loose: Live music, club and bar

by Turska Updated Aug 5, 2012

This is one of or favourite bars in Helsinki. We loved it even mor at their old place, but it is still good even if we miss the old furniture and some staff from the old place.
    The jukebox has bands like Doors, Rolling Stones, Metallica, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin..
    If you know Finnis music, don´t get suprised if there´s member of CMX selling you a beer, or singer of Thee ultra bimbos.- Sorry fans,if I wrote it wrong ;)
    You might sit next to Finnish Idols-judge Jone Nikula, Jussi 69 from the 69eyes, Ville Valo-singer of HIM or members of Flaming sideburns etc. But I hope you will let them be in peace, so they don´t have to stop coming there.
    At their new location there is a rock club downstairs. We visited there to see a band our god son plays in, called SIRU.

Dress Code: No dress code!

• ZeekLTK's Profile Photo

Helsinki Nightlife: Plan to stay up late!

by ZeekLTK Written May 22, 2012

Night life in Helsinki doesn't pick up until pretty late, around 11:00 PM or later. This is because most pubs and clubs stay open very late, until 4:00 AM, or even 6:00 AM for some. I never quite stayed out that late, but when I had to catch a bus to the airport at 5:30 AM I passed some people who were obviously staggering home from a pub at that hour. lol

So if you plan to live it up, prepare to stay up late and don't plan anything for the following morning!

William K: Beers and toasts

by Turska Written Jan 15, 2012

Why there isn´t a beerhouse/pub theme for nightlife??? I have been asking this several times, that´s what theme I would use to find something we like.

Anyway:
    William K is part of "Oluthuoneet"-chain. like most of the best beershouses in Helsinki. Oluthuone means "beer room".
    They do have a good selection of beers, and many board games (witch might be nice if you are with bigger group than two) and you can order toasts. The toasts came from plastiv bags, so I couldn´t ask without onion rigs, I just needed to take them away after. Not a culinary trip but beated the choise of going to Mc Donals for night food after (we were going to hotel after this)..
    To our taste, the place was too white and bright as a beerhouse. You felt like at the waiting room of the railwaystation or something. But good beers, profeesional staff (the beer I wanted was not available, so the weither told about similar beers, and found an interesting new choise) and so on. We might pop in for one pint again, but it wouldn´t be our new favourite anyway.

Dress Code: None

Pivnice Hostina: Another beerhouse

by Turska Written Jan 15, 2012

I think this place is quite new, we didn´t see it before. I´m not so big fan of Czech beers ( lagers aren´t my thing and dark ones are too sweet for me) but since we liked the look of the place, we went in. It is small and cozy, just the way we like, not to light and bright. You felt very wellcome. I hadn´t never seen Czech wheat beer, so I took one, and it was quite good. Don´t remeber the name..
    I think this will be one of the places we will visit again! We were on a "tour" of checking new places for us that night :D

Dress Code: None

Angleterre: Old beerhouse

by Turska Written Jan 15, 2012

Angleterre is one of the old beerhouses in Helsinki. Opened in 1976. My sister said we should go there because we are such beer lovers. I think she was wrong person to say, because she don´t care about beer ;) The selction might have been big in some years before but since Finnish people have found special beers and beer tasting, I think so many restaurants have so much better collection, that I wouldn´t say you should go here. There was nothing new for us.
    Maybe it was fun to see, because when I read detective storys of Outi Pakkanen (Finnish writer) her caracters often visit Angleterre. But we only took small (and it was English type of small ( 2dl) , not Fiinish type (3,3dl) ) and kept going.

Dress Code: none

• Turska's Profile Photo

Henry´s pub: Beer and snack food

by Turska Written Apr 30, 2011

We wanted to have some snacks and beer, so we went to see if they have those in here. There´s a Henry´s pub in Tampere also, but they don´t serve anything to eat, only drinks. In Helsinki they had fingerfood like mozzarella sticks, cross cut potatos, chicken wings..
    We had some fingerfood and coupple of Hoegaarden. Prices weren´t so hight as in Helsinki mostly are. But Helsinki pubs are more exepnesive, than ones in Tampere.
    They do have live music here also. The page is only in Finnish, but you might have some clue, if you click "ohjelma". They are mostly quite small bands, but you can find nice suprises in there. And in Tampere´s "Henkka" there might be some little more famous singers singing unplugged without their band. Maybe it´s the same in Helsinki also.
    I don´t have a photo, but see the web page.

Dress Code: There comes all kinds of people. They do have a sunny terrace also! (When it is a sunny day..)

Bruuveri: Good value of beers

by Turska Updated Apr 30, 2011

The location isn´t actually so interesting, becouse it´s at shopping-centre Kamppi, but it doesn´t look so bad inside. When the shopping centre is closed, you have to go behind it an,d find the way in from there.
    They had lots of different beers, and some of them I had not seen before. It feels that in Helsinki (centre) there isn´t as many beer-restaurants as in Tampere. Most places have lot smaller selection than the ones in Tampere. At the web page they only have their own beers.

Dress Code: No dress code!

Belge: Belgian restaurant

by Turska Updated Apr 4, 2011

We were hoping to get lots of different Belgian beers,but it had only the sam ones than the others.It was quite expensive(as most restaurants at Helsinki centre),and we thought it looked boring-but it´s our opinion.
    But no good beer-selection,if you think so.
    They also have food,but we weren´t hunry.

Dress Code: anything goes

• bonio's Profile Photo

Teerenpeli: Brew pub?

by bonio Updated Apr 4, 2011

Advertised as a brew pub (10/09) the brewing equipment looked to be pretty redundant on our visit, I could be wrong though.
    Anyway, the beers on offer were pretty good wherever they were brewed, particularly enjoyed a smoked lager - could almost be in Bamberg!
    Not just local beers to try, several foreign offerings too, mrs Bonio very happy to find a kreik, enjoyed our visit here.
    Arrive early on a weekend to find a seat!

• BillNJ's Profile Photo

Arctic Ice Bar: A real cool place (literally)

by BillNJ Updated Apr 4, 2011

After reading about it on the internet, I made a stop at the famous Arctic Ice Bar. The ice bar itself is within a much larger restaurant/club called La Bodega. They charge an extra 10 Euro for admission to the ice bar, but it is well worth it! Before entering, they give you a warm hooded coat and some gloves -- and inside you get a vodka drink from Finlandia as a promotion. The entire bar is made of ice (hence the name), and they need to keep the temperature very low to maintain it. I went inside with a group of tourists from Denmark, and it was great fun. Highly recommended!

Dress Code: They provide a hooded coat and gloves before you enter.

Nosturi: Rock-conserts in old harbour-building

by Turska Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you like to see live rock-muisc,there´s two famous places.The other one is"Tavastia"and this is the other.It´s made in old harbour-building,so it´s not too beutyful-it´s only place where you go to hear good music.You might not want to lean on walls,because your shirt or hair might get stick.
    This is place,where you can see bands like:Hanoi Rocks,22-Pistepirkko,the 69 Eyes,Poison Black,Children of Bodom,Teräsbetoni or so on.If you know these names,check out gigs for the time you are in town.There´s also bands from other countries-those ones,who don´t need Olympia-stadion or Hartwall Areena-kind big halls.

Dress Code: No dress code

• mwe's Profile Photo

52nd annual Eurovision Song Contest.: May 12th, 2007.

by mwe Updated Apr 4, 2011

There is only one place to be in Helsinki on Saturday May 12th, 2007 as the annual Grand-Prix du Chanson rolls into Helsinki. ...Unless you watch the Eurovizh on television of course!

Dress Code: Monster outfit? ...Beige suit? Airline uniform? ...Drag?
    PVC trousers (only if you're Icelandic).

• Studio 51 Helsinki: Very big nightclub in Helsinki, The Studio

by koalaperhe Updated Apr 4, 2011

One of the bigger night venues in Helsinki, the Studio 51 holds many big parties. Often they have also international techno acts from the 90's. As with all SK restaurants, though, the line can be long, and stay long, and many "VIPs" gets to go around it, so many "normal people" tend to get stuck in the queue for 2 hours in winter, which is not nice. Entrance is around 7 EUR + 2 EUR cover.

Dress Code: Varies. Usually quite hip. Sometimes seems like anything goes. Well, almost.

• School Holidays

Best Western Hotel Haaga
Latest: Apr 11, 2014
Best Western Premier Hotel Katajanokka

Instant Answers: Helsinki

Comments

Helsinki Nightlife

Turska's Profile Photo

Helsinki has quite lively nightlife at every day of the week. Of course most lively at weekends, but you can find people hanging out at every day, and wednesday is called "little saturday" at...

Map of Helsinki