Cantina West, Helsinki

by Turska
  • Turska's Profile Photo

Cantina West: Tex mex

by Turska Updated Mar 6, 2010

Some people say this is one of best palces in Helsinkin,and some say it is over-rated.I don´t know why it has so different opinions.But we liked it,that I can tell!!
    It was so popular,that we couldn´t book a table for two at friday-night 20 o´clock.So we went there at 21 o´clock,just to see,if there might be some free tables-and there was.Finns eat earlier than people in southern Europe.
    Place looked like all this kind of places-like a saloon in cheap movies,I think.

Favorite Dish: We had cajun-steak and chicken tortillas.First we ate potato-skins.First place in Finland we have seen them!All was good,allthough the potatos were too greasy.I was hoping to get jalopeno-garlic potatos,but they had just changed the menu,and these were only potatowedges.We were so full,that we didn´t take dessert.

Edit:Ate here again at February 2010-it was even better :P

• Cantina West: Vegetarian food in Helsinki

by halla_w Written Feb 6, 2006

Big restaurant but still often full. Suitable also for meat eaters. Mexican theme is visible everywhere. The food is ok and the atmosphere often quite hectic but nice.

Favorite Dish: Burritos with vegetables and tofu 9,20-12,60 eur. When you are really hungry, take this!

• Work Abroad
    • Study Abroad

• lotta29's Profile Photo

Cantina West: The best place to eat tex-mex

by lotta29 Written Mar 6, 2005

Strawberry margarita

The chicken fajitas in Cantina West are sooooo good! The other dishes probably aren't bad either - I don't know since I always order the fajitas =) The place is decorated in Mexican style with lots of colors and the atmosphere's nice and relaxed. Also, the service is very friendly. Buy a drink from the waiter walking around selling tequila and you'll hear him/her let out a weird scream!

Favorite Dish: The chicken fajitas - of course - and as for the drinks, you must taste a strawberry margarita!

• Cantina West: Nothing new at the Tequila front

by sabsi Updated Nov 3, 2003

Cantina West

At this popular place a mad Tequila Saleswoman screams for you if you buy a Tequila. The furniture and the colours inside here are very nice but I thought the food wasn't as good as the design and the screaming Tequila woman ;-)

Favorite Dish: Chicken Fajitas

Instant Answers: Helsinki

Comments

Hotels Near Cantina West
4.0 out of 5 stars