Lappeenranta Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Lappeenranta

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

Favorite Things - Fortress

by akkipaa Written Apr 1, 2015

Favorite thing: The real winter is here again, we have some minus fifteen celsius and I needed to have some fun on the evening. So, I took my camera with an idea to take a photo from our coming Snow Church. It was impossible, it's white and only white in the darkness. I took a picture of Lappeenranta Water Tower instead. It's taken besides the Snow Church, with cold fingers, freezing toes, frozen battery and very strong side light. But look at the Tower, it's like birthday cake with five candles. (6:08PM, 20th Jan 2015)

The Fortress area is the (other) hearth of Lappeenranta. Museums, Cafee, restaurant (a new one is coming) and Orthodox Church with scenery to town and harbor.

• Museum Visits
    • Photography

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

Currency change - Safar

by akkipaa Written Dec 27, 2014

Favorite thing: There is a lot of Russian tourists in Lappeenranta and that is one of the reasons we have a currency exchange in the town. The number of this kind of offices has significantly degreesed because our currency change to euro. During last few weeks Russian Ruble has floated a lot but this office has changed currencies when most shops and stores stopped the possibility to pay with roubles. If you travel to/from Finland and Russia witrh train, you can find this exchange from there also (no office but a person with exchange car).

Check the opening times from their web pages.

Valtakatu 36
    53100 LAPPEENRANTA

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Lappeenranta

by Gili_S Written Jan 31, 2004

Favorite thing: Lappeenranta is just about average Finnish town, but it has its few unique things to see and to feel here. The fortress and the Saimaa Lake are just great. Also, as its near the Russian border has the influence on the culture and economy here.
    Most important, people in this region in Finland are very well known of being kind and friendly happy people.

Fondest memory: Lappeenranta

• Me? Believing everything? No way!

by sabsi Written Jan 23, 2003

Fondest memory: We were sitting on the hill where the fortress is admiring the little islands. I pointed to one of them, not far from where we were, and said "I'd love to go there". Timi said "We can't, that's Russia". And stupid me believed him.... Anyway, I can assure ya it's not THAT close!

Russia? That close?

Instant Answers: Lappeenranta

Comments

Lappeenranta Favorites

Reviews and photos of Lappeenranta favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lappeenranta sightseeing.