Tammisaari Restaurants

Bar and some tables
    by WanderingFinn
    Nice dining area, part of it
    Part of the terrace

Most Recent Restaurants in Tammisaari

• WanderingFinn's Profile Photo

Bossa Nova Restaurant & Terrace: Awesome location by the sea - delicious food

by WanderingFinn Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Bar and some tables

First of all you'll love the place even if not eating anything or just enjoying a drink outside in the sunny terrace. If it's too windy (it is by the sea), you will be able to watch the boats passing by even from inside - the walls are one big window. The overall outlook of the restaurant is clean, tidy and modern, but not too sterile. Very cosy.

The restaurant is located in the Hagen nature park in Tammisaari (Ekenäs). It is in located in the same area with the Ormnäs Camping site, but don't let it bother. People from the city and everywhere else like to visit this cosy restaurant.

The staff is very friendly and flexible, smiling. Speak at least Finnish, Swedish and English. Also menu is available in English. They have an á la carte menu, a pizza menu, a menu for "something to eat" (mainly home cooking style portions) and two tapas menus. Alcoholic drinks and soft drinks served in usual manner.

Summertime they have some theme nights; karaoke and some shows. The karaoke was organised outside in the sunny terrace - a new idea again!

Unfortunately the internet-pages are so far only in Finnish and Swedish. At least you can see some price level and opening times (open usually appr. from 11 a.m. to until 10-11 p.m.).

Favorite Dish: I ate twice in this place. Both times I was very satisfied with the food. Even as usual food as pizza was well made and delicious, juicy and big enough. The price was not bad at all to consider the location and style of the restaurant (prices 7,50-10,50 eur). I chose the kind of pizza in which I can choose the ingredients myself. I asked for garlic and unlike in many places they did not forget it but really had added it :O)

The other time we ate some tapas together, two of us. They have two lists of tapas, one is "the Archipelago food tapas" and one is "Mediterranean" tapas. You can also mix. Cost of one tapas in the list is 3-3,5 euros, three 6-6,50 euros and so on. We took altogether 6 different tapas.

Both lists were great but if you like seafood or want to taste other localities I really strongly recommend the Archipelago tapas. What a great idea to combine this Spanish idea to Scandinavian food!!! I loved the salmon thing on a local black bread, the raw prepared Scandinavian style salmon with mustard sauce. (Try it, don't be afraid of the wording raw fish, it doesn't taste like a raw fish - you will be surprised. I don't like sushi myself but I love our raw salmon and some other fresh fish).
    One of my favorites was also the cold smoked pork fillet (thin like paper) with soft garlic sauce.

From the Mediterranean side you can imagine yourself the tapas there are: the usual good olives, sunfried tomatoes, but also chili flavoured tails of a jumbo or tiger shrimp, some delicious cheese wrapped in paper thin ham, and garlic mussles.

• croatia2006's Profile Photo

Knipan: Summer restaurant, great location

by croatia2006 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Traditional restaurant in Tammisaari (Ekenäs in Swedish, which is widely spoken in this summer town).

-Serves especially sea food (a la carte or buffet)
    -Some evenings live music and dancing
    -Terrace on the sea

Best of all is the great view to the sea and boats :)

Knipan

by Gili_S Updated Apr 4, 2011

This restaurant, Knipan is probably the most famous and maybe also the best in Tammisaari. In my last visit I had my dinner here, it was excellent and I enjoy the nice view by the sea.

Santa Fe

by Gili_S Written Sep 22, 2007

Yep, there is one Mexican places here and not surprising it called Santa Fe, but I am not sure if it is related to the one in Helsinki.

Local coffee shop

by Gili_S Updated Aug 17, 2007

This local coffee shop just by the K market store is excellent with quality coffee and cakes. We had wonderful breakfast here.

Chinese

by Gili_S Written Jun 25, 2007

Right in the centre of the city, there is this nice chinese restaurant, nothing special with it, but after a long day by the sea, it was nice to get some quick food.

Bossanova: Bossanova

by Gili_S Written Jan 15, 2006

These is this Bossanova restaurant & terrace which is located by the seashore near the camping place, not any fabulous place, but was just short walk from my tent :))

Instant Answers: Tammisaari

Comments

Tammisaari Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tammisaari restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tammisaari sightseeing.