Cafe Europa, Tampere

Aleksanterinkatu 29

Know about this? Rate It!

Cafe Europa

Cafe Europa: Style meets casual

by Airpunk Written Sep 23, 2010

Cafe Europa

Café Europa

One of the most popular places in Tampere is Café Europa and you will easily disocver why. It is a place with a 19th century style interior, including mirrors and chandeliers. However, the dresscode is its complete opposite. There is none! It’s just a cool place where you can enjoy a drink or two with some friends. The crowds here are younger than in many other places, mostly students in their early twenties. That’s why theere is a bouncer to check your age – not your dress – at the entrance. Those Finns really know how to charm you! I was asked for my age – an I was 31 at that time…
    Back to the bar, this place is surely one of the places I would recommend for going out in Tampere. It looks like Café Europa is not a café at all. But if you come in the early afternoon, you’ll experience a more coffehouse atmosphere than in the evening. Anyway, if you want to have a seat or arrive with a larger group, come early. This place gets pretty full, especially at weekends. Upstairs and downstairs are dancefloors, one with live DJ music and one which is a little laid back.

Dress Code: No dresscode

• Study Abroad

• Turska's Profile Photo

Cafe Europa: Cosy looking

by Turska Written Jan 4, 2009

This place has been selected as best cafe,bestnightlife-spot and so on many times.I like how the place looks,and when it was new,we went there sometimes,but not anymore.We don´t feel like fitting in somehow.People are so different from us,that it feels sometimes,that everyone in wondering,what we are doing here.But the problem might be on us ;) I´m sure,that most people still love this place,so go and check it out!
    It looks fun with old furniture and lots of books on the walls-you can read them if you like.
    There´s also some food,but I don´t know anything about it,because they didn´t have any at that time,when we used to visit.I think it´s nothing big,maybe bistro-style.

Dress Code: I´m not sure,but I have a feeling,that today there is mostly little bohemian people.Quite lot students also,so not too fancy clothes maybe.

• Mico74's Profile Photo

Cafe Europa: Cafe Europa

by Mico74 Written Oct 8, 2004

Cafe Europa is not a cafe but a very nice bar with a club upstairs (Attic). The groundfloor is very comfy place with sofas and some shelves of books. It's the place of students and also lots of international students.One of my favorite places to go.. and in the upstairs you enter Attic.. check out Club Soca every Thursday with DJ Cliff.. or occasional visits of Mr. Willy of Bomfunk MC's (remember the hit Freestyler some years ago?)

Dress Code: Well, as groundfloor is a bar, any barclothes goes there.. upstairs is a club and it can get a bit hot there sometimes :) So anything you feel like wearing when you go to a club,

• Study Abroad

• Sharna.'s Profile Photo

Cafe Europa: Funky cafe/bar

by Sharna. Updated Aug 25, 2004

Cafe by day, trendy bar by night. Very popular with sudents and professionals alike.

Its furnished with an array of new and old style tables, chairs, ornaments and pictures. The layout resembles oranganised kaos.

Upstairs there is a club that gets going with r'nb and hip hop later in the evening. The music downstair is more laid back so you can still chat to the person next to you.

Dress Code: Smart casual up stairs.

Instant Answers: Tampere