Kuninkaankatu,Pedestrian street, Tampere

Kuninkaankatu

Know about this? Rate It!

• Turska's Profile Photo

Halonen: Practical clothes,evening dresses and shoes

by Turska Written Nov 9, 2008

They have men´s and womens clothes.Most of the clothes are too"practical"to my taste,but I might find something nice,if I just watch good enough.
    My mother bought most of her business-clothes here when she was still at work.They also have evening dresses-cheaper than at those palces that sell nothing else-so I might try then if I got invated to Presidents Indepence-day party :D
    For some reason,I have found most of my shoes here,even if clothes are too practical.They have good value of shoes,and also for this kind of little bit gothic-girl,who also wants that shoes are nice to walk,not only looking"hot".They have good compromices.

What to buy: See the describe of the shop.

What to pay: Anything from cheap to expensive,mostly in between

Seppälä: Moderate priced clothes

by Turska Updated Nov 9, 2008

They do have women´s,men´s and children clothes.It is owned by Stockman and its older( in Finland at least) than H&M,Vero Moda,KappAhli and Lindex who try to have same customers.Because this is owned by Finns I like to buy there.They also have clothes that are trendy,but not TOO trendy(I hate those witch try to have everyone using same kind of teen-agers clothes,no mattter what age you are),and suit for most people-I buy most my working-clothes here- I run my own shop,and must try to look"tidy" for customers,and not too strange ;)
    They have sometimes clothes designed by favourite European designers.Little more expensive than their own products,but not as expensive than if you by uniques from those same designers.
    There´s a Seppälä at Hämenkatu,Koskikeskus and most of Finnish shopping centres around the country.

What to buy: Clothes.Also some shoes,little bit cosmetics and acessories.

What to pay: Not so much for that quality.(Not top-quality,but good for the price).Most of skits are around 15-30e for example.

Anttila: Something for everyone

by Turska Written Nov 9, 2008

Finlnds cheapest department-store-chain.If I have time at morning to walk 5min more from Sokos,and want to buy cosmetics or check for cheap clothes to walk the dog-sometimes even to use at work,or something what you typically buy from department store,I´ll go here.
    Surpriceingly they also have maybe one of best values of cd´s here.I usually buy my cd´s here everytime.Most famous cd-shop Epes is too far,and I don´t like to visit there anymore-they could start to behive more friendly there!
    At downstairs is K-Supermarket foodshop,at groundfloor is clothes and some sports-things,and the music-section.Upstairs is dishes,linen and lamps,cofeemakers and so on..

What to pay: They have mostly quite cheap prices.

Runsaudensarvi: Organic and for vegans

by Turska Written Nov 9, 2008

Lots of delicates for vegans and other eco-people.And also to anyone else.
    They have a lot of peas,nuts and dried fruits.Evrything is organic,I believe.
    Also clutein-free products.

What to buy: We love the garlic-spirals..But they are not very low fat.Also we buy nuts here.

What to pay: not expensive

• Turska's Profile Photo

Mettinen: Finnish leather clothes and shoes

by Turska Written Nov 9, 2008

They make leather-clothes.you can order your own,but they have lots of clothes allready at the shop.It´s cheaper than Friittala,most famous Finnish leather-clothes factory,but I think these are good quality anyway.
    Check out the "on sale"-items.
    They also sell shoes and bags,but they aren´t made there-I´m pretty sure.

What to pay: They aren´t very cheap,but they are better quailty than many cheap ones.

Figura shop

by Turska Updated Apr 4, 2011

These are lttle different lingerie than most of other,and sold only at their own shops.You might say they are little more luxorius.
    Happy fot tourists,I noticed that pages are in English.That might upset some older Finnish women,but I think most understand English very well here.
    It´s little hard to notice,if you don´t check the windows.There´s also that sign(see photo) hanging above the window.

What to buy: Women´s underwear-nothing else.

What to pay: Little more expensive than average.

• Luxury Travel
    • Women's Travel

• Turska's Profile Photo

Tiimari: For children or hobby crafts,or buy candles

by Turska Written Nov 9, 2008

There´s Tiimari in every Finnish town.It is full of staff for children,lots to hobby crafts,dishes to students or to summer-cottages,lots of canddles and servets and..Go and see..

What to pay: Not much