Valkeala Travel Guide

Fallen tree

Valkeala Things to Do

Forest and lakes - beautiful 4 more images

by Sininen Updated Jan 1, 2006

To be honest I had never heard of this national park before my masseuse told me about it and my friend and I decided to drive there on the following weekend. We left early with packed lunch, coffee and water. From the parking lot a narrow path to the hill lead on the bank of a small lake, which was covered with water lilies in bloom. So beautiful. It was nice and warm and what was best there were nobody else there. We walked slowly and stopped admiring scenery all the time. Sometimes the most breathtaking views are not very far at all!

Doesn't it look so delicious! 4 more images

by Sininen Written Jan 1, 2006

when he saw all that lichen! To me barren terrain like this is simply captivating. I love lush nature too but somehowI prefer this dry and barren country. There is a wooden watchtower on the hill and we climbed up and had great view all around and imagine we didn't have to share it with anybody else until we were about to leave. A German family came there and they were simply speechless about the beauty of the place, so we immediately forgave them for interrupting our peace! :)

Forest and a small pond 4 more images

by Sininen Written Jan 1, 2006

We reached the top of the hill. It wasn't a hard hike at all but well worth it because from the top we could see far. Many small lakes and LOTS of thick forest - Finland at its most beautiful. Amazing!

Instant Answers: Valkeala

Comments

Valkeala Travel Guide
Map of Valkeala