Jyväskylä Nightlife

by Turska
    by Gili_S

Most Recent Nightlife in Jyväskylä

• Turska's Profile Photo

Sohwi: Popular for students since 1968!

by Turska Written Nov 11, 2011

I´m not actually sure, should I put this at restaurants or nightlife. But even if I have eaten here once ( I think it was minute steak and fries, quite simple, nothing wrong) I think this is more as a bar. This is also very popular with studenst. Actually I´m not sure did I notice it back then, but I was a student myself also. I haven´t been here since 1994 (!!) but it´s still there, and quite the same. I know it from locals. Reason why I haven´t been here since then, is that it´s quite far from ain centre. But again: Jyväskylä isn´t very big, so nothing is really far anyway. You need to walk to the begining of Kauppakatu and to Vaasankatu.
    Local University students come here often also.
    Wine by glas. It´s not allways offered in Finland at bars (or if it is, there is only coupple of choises, they have more.)

Dress Code: No dresscode

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

Vakiopaine: Art-students and bohemian people

by Turska Written Nov 11, 2011

This is strange little bar. When I was studing arts and handgrafts near Jyväskylä, this was very popular for art-students. I haven´t been here for years, but I doubt it would have changed a lot.
    They did have some small, not so famous bands playing and they had allways some artworks on the wall. Place allways looked like it was supposed to be temporal, and tell you the truth I didn´t belive it would survive so long. But being so different is the thing that makes this kind of places popular. Allmost feels like you have walked in a home party.

Dress Code: I think you shouldn´t wear anything too fancy in here. But in the other hand.. Maybe you would fit in even then. ;)

• Music

Parnell´s: Irish pub

by Turska Updated Dec 2, 2009

There are two Parnell´s at Jyväskylä,and I´ve visited both of them.This one at Väinönkatu was last time.They had very friendly service,and place was nice.It was quite quiet at 22.00 o´clock at saturday,witch was strange.
    When we were at that another one at Kirkkopuisto,it was full of people.
    At Väinönkatu Parnell´s there was not so many different beers,witch was little disapointment.Maybe there was more at Kirkkopuisto-pub.

Dress Code: No dress-code

Lutakko: Rock-club

by Turska Written Apr 10, 2008

When I was studing near Jyväskylä,this was the place to find me at weekends.We even drove here 100km when I was at my hometown,and after they shut down at night,we drove back.
    They were allways tried to get out of there,witch made us angry,but I´m happy to see,that after 15 years(when I last went there) it´s still very much alive.I allmost miss the place,and since looking at web-site I started to wonder should i visit there agian.
    It is made in old industry-building,witch is quite common for "real"rock-clubs in Finland.
    See the web-site,even if it´s not in English,you´ll see who´s playing there at the moment.If you don´t know the name,try to search band´s web-site.Allmost all Finnish bands have one.

Dress Code: It´s a rock-club,so you don´t have to dress so fashionable!

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Nightclubs

by Gili_S Updated Sep 20, 2008

Nightlife in Jyväskylä can be lively, there are few nightclubs and few good pubs where you can go, drink, party and so on.

Instant Answers: Jyväskylä

Comments

Jyväskylä Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Jyväskylä nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jyväskylä sightseeing.