Karstula Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Karstula

• Turska's Profile Photo

Wanhan ajan sekatavarakauppa: Old and popular shop for fishermen

by Turska Written Mar 19, 2010

For some reason,this shop is really popular for camping-,fishing- and haunting-people.I´m not any of them,so I can´t tell you what so different there is in this shop,but I know that some people come her from hudreds of kilometers,just to shop here!So there musta be something special with it.
    It´s really old allready,in fact it is oldest still working shop in Karstula.They have just moved to the centre.They have nowe much bigger room,and they seem to sell also at internet.

What to buy: Fishing-products are most famous.I guess they have a very good collection of them.They also do have equipments for haunting and hiking.And they do sell products of Finn-Savotta,a local factory making tents,backpacs and so on.Savotta-products are known for good quality,and also sold outside Finland.

What to pay: You can see prices at their pages.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Fishing
    • Camping

• Turska's Profile Photo

Kaikkea on!: What a funny store

by Turska Written Dec 14, 2008

The name of the shop means:Everything we have!It allmost seems so.When ever we go to Karstula(many times a year,because it´s my homevillage),my husband wants to go to Kaikkea on.It is funny in many ways.When I was a child,this place was small music-hall.It had old fashioned dance-evenings,but also rock-concerts and discos.It´s quite nostalgic place for me.Here I went to see many bands,and as a teenager danced under disco-ball(witch is still on the roof!!)It´s kind of sad,that we seemed to be the last active agegroup doing these.(We managed all ourselves,had club called Nuoret tuulet=Young winds),and after us those places"died".
    So now it is kind of combination of fleamarket,cheapshop and antique-shop.It is loaded with all kinds of staff.I´m heard,that Finnish film-makers come here sometimes,but I don´t know if it is true.We have bought cd:s,vinyls(yes,we still have old player also),nice bottles,lots of candles,treats for our dogs and so on..My husband once found Star Trek-figures at original boxes for 6 euros.Later he was sorry not to buy them and sell somewhere.

What to buy: Everything?Not maybe trendy clothes,but allmost anything..Last time we bought seeds for birds and plastic sandals to use at own garden(ugly but cheap..)

What to pay: Mostly very cheap staff.Unfortunally some nice old things I would love are expensive.Owners must know,that people collect everything old now.There´s even coffee-boxes from time I was a child and so on.

Instant Answers: Karstula

Comments

Karstula Shopping

Reviews and photos of Karstula shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Karstula sightseeing.