Lahti Nightlife

• Nightlife
    The 69 eyes at the Finlandia klubi
    by Turska
  • This is torvi,I don´t know what it is in English.
    This is torvi,I don´t know what it is in...

Most Recent Nightlife in Lahti

Metro: Good beer-selection

by Turska Updated Apr 4, 2011

Friend of mine told us to go here, because they had various different beers. It was tue, they did have many. Also many of those we hadn´t tasted before. The place itself isn´t so special looking, but it is part of it´s charm. We heard people next table to talk, that this has been a public restroom years ago!!
    Staff was very friendly and helpful. Told us about the beers and loaded my cellphone.

Dress Code: If you have clothes on, that´s good enough ;)

Finlandia klubi: Rock conserts

by Turska Written Dec 5, 2010
    The 69 eyes at the Finlandia klubi

The place was really boring!! Like a school gym. It had white walls and drinks were at plastic-cups, poor selection and not cheap as you might think from plastic cups. And selction beeing beer or cider?

Luckily the gig we saw made us forget where we are..
    There is seperate areas for adults and youngsters, who can´t go to "beer-area".
    There are bus nro 17 going there every half an hour ( for example 12.45 and 13.15 and so on )

Isojano: Springtime festival

by Turska Written May 30, 2009
    Overview

This is a small festival happening at May at Lahti.It keeps place at local brewery,so its called "isojano" witch means "very thirsty".We were disapointment for the beer-selection,when they said it would be hundreds,and it was only about 15!! Luckily we went there to see my number one band (my husband is a fan also),so we didn´t think too much for the beer.We got drunk from the music!!
    We are beer-testing-people,so we wont go here another time-if there wont be as good bands.
    The host of the night is local idols-judge.I haven´t watched the idols,so I know him better for his music-shows at radio,and his looks. ;)
    As a beer-"person"I must sadly say,that Finnish big brewery-beers aren´t something I fancy.

There was some foreigners came to see the band-I wonder what they think of big tent,where people drunk poor beer..

Dress Code: Really anything!

Torvi: Legendary Rock-club

by Turska Written May 30, 2009
    This is torvi,I don��t know what it is in English.

Someone said,that everyone who is something in Finnish-rock-scene should visit Torvi to be taken seriously.We aren´t rock-stars,but we wanted to see the place.It was quite nice in its own way.If you look for something fancy,you will be shocked.If you want to see real Finnish rock-club,this is one of them.The walls are covered with band-posters and writings like"HIM is the best"," Sanna loves Timo","politicans sucks" and that way..
    When we went there,there was a cover-band of coverband(!) Eläkeläiset.It was funny.The floor was sticky and people were dancing wild.Chairs were plastic garden-chairs.Some found this terribel,but we liked it.Even if it would have been even better,if the chairs would have been wooden and floor not sticky.
    It was hard to know witch toilet was witch-the first one is for women,the other behind is for men.
    It was 2e ticket in.At same building is Tirra,kind of part of the same restaurant I think.

Dress Code: What ever you want!

• ROCK: Scorpions torture

by sabsi Written Mar 22, 2005

We went here for a few drinks after the skigames on a Saturday night. It was warm, drinks were cold and the music was terrible (I don't want to be flying somewhere for 2 hours only to hear terrible music from my hometown - The Scorpions).

Unfortunately we missed the happy hour which was on - even on a Saturday night - at 10 pm. Strangely enough the place got quite empty as soon as Happy Hour was getting near. Even if the beer was only 2 € then....

Dress Code: None when we were there. You have to leave your jackets at the door for 2 € though.

• annasi's Profile Photo

Diva is the right place to you...

by annasi Written Sep 7, 2002

Diva is the right place to you if you like girls wearing tight clothes ;) Or if you want to wear them youself...
    It is like you can assume from the name..full of Divas, but in general there is a nice athmosphere and good music, both techno and also finnish music on the other side called 'Virtanen'

• snowgrouse's Profile Photo

8-sali: 8-sali

by snowgrouse Updated Aug 26, 2002

Underground music, no age restrictions. 8-sali is at the Lahti Youth Centre and independent organizers organize several indie music gigs there. Lots of punk, hiphop, metal and goth gigs here if any of those tickle your fancy. The smaller gigs have a great atmosphere.

• Cumulus is a night club of...

by SannaK Written Aug 25, 2002

Cumulus is a night club of Cumulus-hotel.
    This is really a place to meet new people. I think people go there to meet new people, sometimes guys might be even too eager to get to know you (from my opinion). They play sometimes new hits and sometimes old hits and also a few slow ones during the evening. There are not only teenagers.

Dress Code: If you're a woman, you might wear a dress or trousers, but not like too fansy.

• Nightclub Diva and Virtanen...

by SannaK Written Aug 25, 2002

Nightclub Diva and Virtanen are placed together so from Diva you can go to Virtanen and back. They are very different bars from each other.
    Diva is dancing place with modern hit music. Sometimes they have clubnight of only trance etc.

In Virtanen they play old hits from 70's and 80's and maybe 90's. Some of them are known only by finns, so don't be supriced if people are singing loud and dancing all together with the sound of very odd music. Then it must be an old hit which all the finns know.

Dress Code: In Diva people have nice maybe modern clothing and in Virtanen you don't have to think a bit if you'r following the style. But people are jumping from place to another so it's quite the same what you wear. Maybe Virtanen is more rock-clothing and Diva more latest clothing.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

The Ice Bar at the Lahti Sports Center: Well, not exactly nightlife, but as much fun

by Gili_S Updated Jul 5, 2003

Well, not exactly nightlife, but you can have a drink in the Ice bar during the ski competitions.
    Best here is that you can get ice as much as you want.

Dress Code: Something to keep your body warm.

Instant Answers: Lahti

Comments

Lahti Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Lahti nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lahti sightseeing.