Lahti Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Lahti

• Turska's Profile Photo

Mamma Maria: VERY good pasta

by Turska Updated Dec 5, 2010

I had heard,that some people have driven from Tampere to Lahti just to eat here!I´m not sure is it true,but eating here was good experience.I might not drive this far just for food,but of course we had to go there,when we had heard all the good things.
    They make their pasta themselves,it´s fresh,not dried.I simply loved their cnucci!

Edit:Went here again,and loved it again.I asked the cream and chicken pasta,and said that I love spicy pastas,but it seems that those are all with tomato-sauce.They asked if I woul kie to have chili at my cream-pasta-and I wanted.It was sooo good.It was too big,but I ate all.I couldn´t eat anything that day anymore!Yous hould come here hungry!
    If childern eat their salad,they will get a lollipop after dinner :) We didn´t get! :D
    EDIT at December 2010 We went here again on our Lahti-visit, and it was still delicious! We also had very friendly service, even though some people have said the opposite.

Favorite Dish: Cnucci with some kind of spicy chicken-sauce-don´t remeber the name.My husband had also cnucci with salame and tomato-cream sauce with sweet peppers.It was good also,I tasted.

Ravintola Lokki (Seagull): Restaurant with a view

by Sininen Updated Jul 30, 2007

Generally I don't go out to eat, because it is quite expensive and I prefer homecooking. When we take out our business partners for lunch in summertime we often choose Ravintola Lokki, not only because good food but also for the beautiful view from it to the Lake Vesijärvi. Don't let its modest outer apperance fool you! It is located right in the shore and in good weather you can sit in the open air and enjoy the view. When it is cooler, rainy or windy the restaurant is covered and they also have tables indoors if you prefer to stay there.

Favorite Dish: During the week they have buffet type of meal and you can eat as much as you want and can. I am not a big meat eater so I like to taste everything they offer for starters. Different salads, different fish (I just love smoked salmon), lots of vegetables, yummy bread etc. For the main course they have sausages, chicken, pork or/and beef. If I complained about something it is lack of dessert as plain coffee simply isn't enough for somebody with a sweet tooth like me!

I took my friend there last week and paid 9 euro. In summer they have themed evenings. On Wednesdays Meriterranean evening, 28 euro, and at the weekends barbeque and salad evening, 20 euro.

• Women's Travel
    • Business Travel

Santa Fe: Mexican touch

by Sininen Written Apr 7, 2006

Mexican styled interior next to the market place. Besides tex mex they serve fajitas, plentiful salads, cajun/creoli delicacies, barbequed food, hamburgers. On the weekedays separate lunch with salad table.

Open:
    Mon-Sat 11-02 Sun 12-02

Favorite Dish: I don't go out to eat unless it is to do with business. Santa F? is one of the restaurants our bosses like to go. I have had fajitas there, which were excellent and some chicken pot, which was HOT (not spicey but so hot that I wasn't able to eat it for a long time and only finished half an hour later than others!).

• Sorry, I can't remember the name: Time flies when you're having a good time

by sabsi Written Mar 22, 2005
    I just love cafes like this

There's this lovely little oldfashioned cafe at the waterfront of Vesijärvi. We came here for a drink and a pulla (small cake), in the end we stayed for another drink and something else to eat because of the relaxing atmosphere of this place.

Favorite Dish: Pulla and old furniture!

• Spaghetteria Mamma Maria: Multilingual Food

by sabsi Updated Mar 22, 2005

This is a great Italian restaurant with a nice atmosphere, friendly waiters who all happen to be Swiss or Italian or even German and a great choice of food.

Favorite Dish: I had some lovely chicken pasta dish which was great. And I had a nervous breakdown here as well as the German Nordic Combined team sat at the table next to ours and they were sooo terrible ;) That's why there is no picture from this place, I didn't want them to think that I wanted to take a pic of them.

• annasi's Profile Photo

Santa Fé: Santa Fé

by annasi Written Sep 7, 2002

They really know how to make a Mexican athmosphere, well at least I think so. I havent been in Mexico

Favorite Dish: Mombo Combo
    It contains fresh vegetables and different mexican snacks. Like cheece sticks and chicken wings. Its definately worth to try.

• snowgrouse's Profile Photo

A damn good and inexpensive...

by snowgrouse Written Aug 26, 2002

A damn good and inexpensive pizza/kebab restaurant is Maria on Vesijärvenkatu.
    You can get a good, full meal for only *5 Euro*, can you believe it? This price not only includes a sizeable main meal but also a pitcher of water or juice, as much salad as you can grab for appetizers, and a cup of coffee or tea for dessert. Really good value for money, nice and fast service (they also deliver home, free of charge if you order 2 or more portions). I love this place.

Favorite Dish: Kebab with salad--their kebab sauces are absolutely delicious. This place has got the best kebabs I've ever had. I hear the pizzas aren't anything to write home about, but the kebabs *rock*.

• snowgrouse's Profile Photo

My favourite at the moment...

by snowgrouse Written Aug 26, 2002

My favourite at the moment would have to be the Molly Malone's Irish Pub.
    This place has a lovely atmosphere, lots of live folk music (mostly Celtic but some nice blues and jazz too), and it has a living room-type atmosphere--all sorts of people seem to enjoy this place. There are some young party people, some rockers young and old, then some little old ladies or middle-aged businessmen/women... everybody, really. It's a very comfortable place, all in all.

Favorite Dish: I haven't sampled their lunches to be honest, but the drinks available are good and affordable.

• SantaFe is a mexican type of...

by SannaK Written Aug 25, 2002

SantaFe is a mexican type of restaurant. It's not too expencive and there is a good atmosphare.
    They have bar downstaires and restaurang upstaires. Athmosphare is more crazy in the bar and relaxed but not too loud in second floor. Prices are on their place. Good place to get together with friends. In weekends you might need to wait for table.

Favorite Dish: You must try MomboCombo. It's enough for two and costs under 60FIM. There are two sauces where you can dip vedgetables, chickenwings, jalopeno, tacos...

• Enzo's Profile Photo

There is a Kebab place in the...

by Enzo Written Aug 24, 2002

There is a Kebab place in the Compass shopping center in Hollola, about 8k from Lahti, so you need a car.

Favorite Dish: Definitly a Kanarulla (chicken roll), its simply excellent. I get one at least once per week! :)

• Enzo's Profile Photo

There are plenty of...

by Enzo Written Aug 24, 2002

There are plenty of restaurants on Aleksanterinkatu. For example Rosso a very nice café/restaurant with good food and reasonable priced. Across the road from that is another nice restaurant, I think its called Marians but i have to check that. Good food also. Theres also plenty of fast food places like Hesburgerm McDonalds and Grilli.

Favorite Dish: I'm a sucker for Grilli food.....'kanahampurlainen ja ranskalaiset'..hmmmm

Thai Food: Asia's call

by Sininen Written Apr 7, 2006

I haven't eaten there but one of my colleagues goes there every week with his wife and says that especially their turkey is excellent!

OULULAISEN KULMA: Watching people go by

by Sininen Written Apr 7, 2006

Sandwiches, savory snacks, sweet buns, cakes, tarts, coffee, tea, cocoa, hot chocolate...and people watching, next to the market place. In summer a little street terrace.

Instant Answers: Lahti

Comments

Lahti Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lahti restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lahti sightseeing.