Lahti Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Lahti

• Sininen's Profile Photo

By train

by Sininen Written Apr 7, 2006

Lahti is not a railroad connection place, but has easy access to Helsinki with over 25 trains a day of which many are regional trains. It's easy to get to east from here, but if you want to travel to Tampere you have to change trains in Riihimaki and if you want to go to Turku you need to go to Helsinki first and I'd recommend bus then. Since VR changed its system and one is not able to buy a return ticket I have used train very little, my small scale protest to this stupid system! When I do I always choose the cheapest options which means regional trains and I travel only to Helsinki. If I travelled any further then I would choose InterCity train. When the new railroad (in 2007) is finished there will be Pendolino connection from Helsinki via Lahti to Eastern Finland, which will raise the prices and save only little time, so I am not sure if it will be worth it. Anyway I really love to travel on trains, they are much more fun than buses!

• Photography
    • Hiking and Walking

• Sininen's Profile Photo

By bus

by Sininen Written Apr 7, 2006

Ugly building in the beginning of Aleksanterinkatu (main street in Lahti) is our bus station. Lahti is well connected by bus. For instance there is a bus to and from Helsinki every 30 minutes and one to/from Helsinki-Vantaa Airport every hour. 13 direct buses to Tampere daily, 12 direct buses to Turku. Single ticket to Helsinki is 16,20 euros, return 29,20.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Photography

• To Lahti from Helsinki

by sabsi Updated Mar 22, 2005
    Or then go along HERE ;)

Lahti is only a short trip away from Helsinki and it's definitely a nice side trip. The trip by car on motorway E4 takes about an hour, there's also trains and busses going regularly.

The city centre is rather small and not very spectacular, it consists basically of the main square and the area around Aleksanterinkatu - that's it.

Park your car at the Urheilukeskus (when there's no competition on it's free to park here) and walk the 10 mts into town. In town you have to pay for parking.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Best is to drive

by Gili_S Updated May 30, 2004

On my way to Lahti

Best is to drive, let me know when you visit here, I usually have a seat or two free in my car when driving to Lahti.

You can also take a trains or bus, they are going regularly from Helsinki or Tampere.

• snowgrouse's Profile Photo

The best way to get to Lahti...

by snowgrouse Written Aug 26, 2002

The best way to get to Lahti is via train or coach from Helsinki or Turku. Coaches may be cheaper nowadays since the train ticket prices have soared massively during the past few years. A coach or a train from Helsinki takes about 1 hour 45 minutes to reach Lahti, which is nice.
    Lahti is a town in the middle of one of the biggest hill ranges in Finland, so be prepared to climb up many hills while visiting--walking or cycling can be tiring. The buses aren't cheap either. Thankfully Lahti is a small place so you can get around quite easily without a car.

• Enzo's Profile Photo

There are a huge amount of...

by Enzo Written Aug 24, 2002

There are a huge amount of American cars in Finland and its very noticeable in Lahti, well i spend all my time there. I just snapped this Trans-Am (Kitt??) on one of my jaunts. U will also see all sorts of Corvettes, Plymouths, Cadillacs, Dodges etc etc. Some really fantastic cars, i hope to get lots more photos soon. Another one on my main Finland page.Just last night i saw an AMAZING Corvette..of course I got a photo!

• Bigs's Profile Photo

From Helsinki it´s only a hour...

by Bigs Updated Aug 24, 2002

From Helsinki it´s only a hour driving by car....The autobahn is empty, but look out for moose!!!
    By car

Instant Answers: Lahti

Comments

Lahti Transportation

Reviews and photos of Lahti transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lahti sightseeing.