Turku Restaurants

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Smileys: Smileys

by mindcrime Written Oct 26, 2013

Smileys

The rain was hard upon our arrival in Turku, we walked a bit from the train station into town but we decided to stop for a while and have a coffee break at Smileys.

This was a simple place with good prices (Coffees for 1,5e, Salads 6-7e), not many customers inside, the place was quiet at first but later many came and had breakfast there while later everyone seemed to focus on burgers!

There was also a buffet where someone can have lots to eat for 8,50e. We took a plate full of salad and another with bon fillet and a big piece of salmon!

It’s open daily from morning till 22.00

• johnlast's Profile Photo

Royal Curry House, Turku.: Real taste of India.

by johnlast Updated Sep 28, 2013

Hi, Royal Curry House is on Hameenkatu 9, 20500 Turku. I have tried their cuisine, its simply delicious and the best. I suggest one must try there if there is desire to taste the real dishes and spices of the sub-continent.

I visited this place again last time and the management was changed. Everything had become commercial and had lost its taste. It gave a dirty look.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Tikka Masala, Dal Tarka, Kashmiri Nan and muttar Palau. I will suggest not to try this place in life.

• Women's Travel

• goturku's Profile Photo

China & Thai palace: Best asian food in town!

by goturku Written Feb 28, 2012

The atmosphere is very nice at this place. They have a nice setting, a well decorated interior. The waitresses are very friendly, and can speak English and Finnish. It's very nice to take your date there in the evening, with the candles lit, and the romantic atmosphere. It's very different at lunch time, it can be busy. The lunch buffet is 8€ or 11€ with sushi buffet included.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish has got to be the deep fried chicken at the buffet, but it's all good there. My wife is vegan, and she attests that the tofu there is the best. Everyday of the week they have a different tofu meal for lunch. She also loves the sweet potato dish for dessert.

• goturku's Profile Photo

ravintola rhino: This place is simply awesome.

by goturku Written Feb 28, 2012

After trying all the Indian food restaurants in town, my opinion is this has the best product. The best restaurant in Turku, I've been to so far, and definitely the best Indian food in town. The also serve Nepalese food. What makes it so special is that it has got to be the best place in town I've tried so far, and the servers are extremely friendly and well mannered. You will get a great run for your money. We have children, and they accommodate them nicely, and are very friendly. Whether you are traveling to Turku, or you live in live in town, I would HIGHLY recommend trying this place out!

Favorite Dish: YOU MUST TRY THE LAMB! The appetizers( soup and salad ) are the best from any restaurant I've ad so far.

• Turska's Profile Photo

Pikku-Torre: Steaks and hamburgers

by Turska Updated Oct 14, 2011

I guess it has been Spanish restaurant, but doesn´t anymore. My husband wanted to have a restaurant hamburger, and I don´t like hamburgers. They had steaks also, and quite good selection, so this was a good choise. They did also have reasonable priced (compared to Finnish restaurants!) wines and at least some different beers, witch was good also. We don´t like drinking just some beer from the tap, we want to choose.
    I took "leaf steak" minute steak says the dictionary. I usually don´t take it (I usually don´t want so thin) , but for some reason I felt like it this time. It was really good. So was my husbands hamburger.
    I had two deep fried cheddar jalapenos with my steak. I like those, so it was a nice add. The spicy butter was really spicy (not hot ) and not tastless like many times.
    It´s not a gourmet restaurant, but very good if you don´t feel like having and paying a gourmet price.
    The web page is only in finnish. The photo on the page must be from the other side of the restaurant, it looked more like a pub than the dining area.

Favorite Dish: I think it would have been garlic steak, but I thought it sounded too heavy at the moment with garlic cream potatos, so I didn´t choose it.

My steak portion looks different than it was when it came. I allmost forgot the photos, and had allready started to push the potatos and vegetables back to make cutting the steak easier. Why do they put the steak to the top everywhere today??

• johnlast's Profile Photo

Royal Curry House: Royal Curry House, the real taste of Indian food.

by johnlast Updated Jun 10, 2011

Royal Curry House, Turku

I read this given under text and I was really very happy that I luckily read this.

I tried this restaurant on the recommendation of my friends in Turku and I was very happy I did so.The ambience is very relaxing we wanted to just sit and chat, the staff is very friendly and courteous. The best part was the food .... The food is truly the real taste as the logo claims,The blend of spices is perfect and they can modify the spice factor to suit all tastes. There is also a great deal on take away which we had on occasion of 10% discount on ala carte orders.

Favorite Dish: These all dishes I tried which were recommended by one member of Virtual Tourist and in addition I must say that all the dishes are the best here.

Favorite Dish: I would especially recommend the Tikka masala, the palak paneer , the Dal Tarka , and the lamb shahi curry, The dishes taste good and are modified to suit your taste factor of how spicy you may want it.
    Written Jan 21, 2011

• Turska's Profile Photo

Dennis: Great pasta

by Turska Updated Jun 6, 2011

Pizzeria Dennis is famous around Finland from it´s pizzas. I prefer their pastas. I don´t like that strong emmental-cheese they put in pizza, I think pizza should have mozzarella or something close to it.
    But their pastas are very good. The menu isn´t the same at all restaurants, and when Dennis came to Tampere, we were disapointment to see, that there was much shorter pasta-menu than in Turku.
    Best Dennis is the original one, one at Linnakatu, Turku. They have the longest menu.
    The page is only in Finnish, but they do have English menu at the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Oven baked pasta with chicken. I´m not sure if i´s still on the menu.

• nomadig's Profile Photo

Aschan Café & Konditoria: Excellent café

by nomadig Updated Apr 4, 2011

Aschan caf�� on second floor in Turku Hansa center

Aschan has several coffeehouses and bakeries around Turku region. One of these excellent cafés is located on Hansa center, in the middle of the city. The café is quite small, but the space doubles with an indoor patio, and doubles again with another Aschan café on the second floor.

They offer a good selection of both sweet and salty goodies, accompanied with a selection of coffees, teas and soft drinks. The best part of the deal is the price; not exactly cheap but inexpensive compared to the quality and the size of the portions.

• royal curry house: nice place to eat in turku

by jaaripiika Written Jan 21, 2011

• penny_g's Profile Photo

Café Wiklund: A great view to the market square

by penny_g Written Sep 22, 2010

It is a nice coffee house, situated in the very center of Turku in Eerikinkatu 11. On the central square, just above the Wiklund shopping center and S Market supermarket and not far from the Aura river. For an expensive Finland, the prices here are okay. A cup of coffee costs 1.76 EUR.

The coffe-house has also a rich buffet of sweet stuff, bakery, all kind juices and stuff - indeed everything your taste might be.

Red Hot Chilis: Hamburger

by Gili_S Written Aug 16, 2009

When I saw this place I was thinking of the Rock band with the similar name. This restaurant does not have any special style, is it Tex-Mex, Indian or Asian it has it all, so maybe for family or some quick snack it might be the right place to try.

Fransmanni

by Gili_S Updated Aug 16, 2009

The Fransmanni restaurants networks are all over Finland where the Sokos hotels are.
    They are not any special, just the good standard Finnish and other style menu and there is a good dish of choice for every taste. Here in Turku I was in a business dinner and the service and food was very good and friendly.

Mantun Grilli: Best local fast food

by Gili_S Written Aug 16, 2009

Now this is not a restaurant at all, this is only a booth that sells you food and this is a legend in this town. Here you can order the local delicate items as burgers, sausages and other fast food items for reasonable price and one thing for sure, you will not stay hungry after this :)

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Mami: Mami is the best local to my taste

by Gili_S Written Aug 16, 2009

This small restaurant called Mami is to my opinion the best place if you want to have real local Finnish food, quality, service and affordable. They have very small menu of choices but all is delicious with special lunch menu and standard menu in normal hours. The menu can change daily according to the fresh items availability and the season.

Favorite Dish: I had fantastic fish :)

Restaurant Lulu: Another boat restaurant

by Gili_S Written Aug 16, 2009

This is another boat restaurant by the river, maybe this one is a bit more stylish, anyway, they are all next to each other, just pop in and check out the menu and place if it is something for you, sometimes for me it is just a good place to have a cold drink in and sunny deck.

Instant Answers: Turku

Comments

Turku Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Turku restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Turku sightseeing.