Vasa Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Vasa

Nighclub Sky: The thing to do

by Turska Written May 22, 2011

Actually it has been so long since I was here, that even the name has changed. I belive it was Waskia (I prefer Finnish names at Finnish restaurants, so it was better!), but it is a place where most people take tourists for a drink at least. Why? Because of the terrace at the roof of the big biulding! Same building as Rewell centre shopping centre.
    We didn´t stay here until "night club- hours", so can´t tell about that, but it still seems to be the most famous nightclub in Vaasa.
    Open wed-sat 22:00-04:00

Dress Code: As far as I know, people in Vaasa like little more fancy clothes than many southern Finnish people, and they like more bling bling ;) It might be because of bigger influence of Sweden. So even if I haven´t been in nightclub in Vaasa for 15 to 20 years ( I guess..) I belive they wear little more fancy clothes in nightclub, than in Hullo Pullo rock bar..

O´Malleys: Irish pub

by Turska Written May 22, 2011

My siter knew how much we love tasting new beers, so she guided us to go here. They have around 80 different beers. We eevn found some we hadn´t seen before.
    Place is quite typical Irish bar. Music was not so good anyway.. But luckily not so loud. Too "trendy" music for us.
    Photo is poor, but some places don´t like taking photos, so I took it without flash, and really quickly ;)

Dress Code: No dress code.

• Beer Tasting

Hullu pullo (Grazy bottle): Live music, mostly rock

by Turska Written May 22, 2011

This bar has been in Vaasa quite long. When I was just at the age of getting in to restaurants, I visited it with my sister, who lived in Vaasa. They had tables and chairs at the ceiling, now there is only one table and two chairs.
    They do have lots of live music in here. We went to see Finnish hard rock band Poisonblack.
    They do have these 2e sundays and wednesdays, you can have some drinks and beer/cider/lonkero (Finnish popular grapefruitdrink) from tap for 2e.
    I would prefer better section of different kinds of beers than cheap regulars.
    But the place is o.k and music was good, if you like rock. I mean also before the band got started.

Dress Code: No dress code.

• Music

• LenaFIN's Profile Photo

El Gringo: Good music and lots of friends

by LenaFIN Written Jun 3, 2007

El Gringo is a pub where I go often and meet friends or watch a footballgame or something. They have a bigscreen, Canal+ channels and Viasatchannels, where they show different games, football or icehockey. Almost every sunday they have local bands playing there at Sunday rocks (except for in the summer). Happyhour-prices at fridays and saturdays 22.00 - 23.30, beer and cider 1,50€.

Dress Code: No dress code

• linda1501's Profile Photo

Sky Nightclub: Enjoy sight of Vaasa from the Sky Bar:)

by linda1501 Written Dec 18, 2005

View over the marcet place from Sky Bar

"Welcome to Nightclub Sky Dance, drink, watch, listen and fall in love. High up in the sky anything could happen." I wouldnt say its really like a nightclub more like a nice place where to hang out.:)

• LenaFIN's Profile Photo

Fontana: Clubbing

by LenaFIN Written Aug 21, 2003

Fontana wasn´t a favourite place 2 years ago, but then it was renovated and now it´s much better. There are many different rooms, and a terrasse.

The music variates, sometimes there is livemusic (in bankclub) but every weekend there is also DJ.s.

Dress Code: no dress code

• El Gringo - an English/Irish...

by Toby_Swiss Written Aug 25, 2002

El Gringo - an English/Irish Pub with Finnish clientele
    With a nice atmosphere, a bit rough, but still filled with the Finnish melancholy, it's a place to stay all night long. Easy to make friends, easy to get drunk... :)

Dress Code: Come as you are...

• linda1501's Profile Photo

Fontana Nightclub: Nightclub

by linda1501 Written Jul 28, 2005

A nice place to go out and have fun.... Ive been there quite much so it feels a bit boring nowadays:)

Instant Answers: Vasa

Comments

Vasa Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Vasa nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Vasa sightseeing.