Kemi Travel Guide

2100km..damn..far away from home!
    by Matyas
    Icebreaker Sampo, Kemi, FI
    by gubbi1
    Icebreaker Sampo, Kemi, FI
    by gubbi1

Kemi Things to Do

Kemi snowcastle

by akkipaa Updated Jan 30, 2012

If you are looking for very different place to stay in your honeymoon, try this. There is a honeymoon suite and meny other rooms for accommodation. The temperature is -5, so you have to, hmm... , propably be an eskimo or practice something. Of course the rooms are equipped with sleeping bags.

The very special drink "Red Ice Shot", made of Finlandia vodka and cranberry liqueur is served in ice tumbler (called jääkuksa in finnish).

2012 season opened 28.1.2012!

Icebreaker Sampo

by akkipaa Updated Jan 30, 2012

Finland is known for it's icebreakers. We have build them for a long time, and definately we are the best icebreaker producers. Our shipping bussiness is based on triangle: Icebreakers, luxury cruisers and oil drilling platforms.

One of the icebreakers are retired to Kemi harbour and it can take you to extreme trip to Gulf of Botnia.

• Business Travel
    • Cruise
    • Water Sports

• gubbi1's Profile Photo
    Icebreaker Sampo, Kemi, FI 2 more images

by gubbi1 Written Jul 1, 2008

During summer the icebreaker Sampo is parked in the Ajo harbour of Kemi. You can visit it for free. Inside you will find a cafe and a souvenir shop. Most important you can go up into the bridge where all the power of the ship is tamed.

For further information where to find the Sampo and where to get information about possible trips in winter time, have a look on my intro page of Kemi.

• Beaches
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Museum Visits

Kemi Hotels

Kemi Tourist Traps

Swimming on ice

by akkipaa Updated Jan 30, 2012

I am not an eskimo but I'd like to be. I don't know the reason but I like water, in all it's elements. We finns have saunas and we swim, but some of us swim all around the year and in all places. I am one of those enthusiats.

This boat is an ice breaker (called Sampo) and with that you can have an unforgetable trip to Gulf of Botnia. Try once, but use those red survival suits, if you are not used to cold water.

Because of the late ice in lakes, my this winter season with ice swimming started 14.1.2012.

Unique Suggestions: Swim anyway!

• Adventure Travel
    • Water Sports

Instant Answers: Kemi

Comments

Kemi Travel Guide
Map of Kemi