Kittilä Travel Guide

KITTILLA
    by alyf1961
    One of the lifts in Levi ski resort
    by SandiMandi
  • Our
    Our "home" for the weekend in Levi
    by SandiMandi

Kittilä Things to Do

• HOT BERRY JUICE

It was freezing in Lapland but luckily, there were a few warm huts with roaring fires and elves serving hot berry juice...delicious.

• SANTA'S VILLAGE

We visited Santa’s village where all the elves live and the toys are made for Christmas. It was very dark when we got there even though it was only 2 p.m. we looked around the post office, Santa’s house and where the toys are made.

• SNOW MOBILE

The snow mobile was very exciting although at first I was nervous because my 20 year old daughter who drove the vehicle hadn’t drove a vehicle before, but she was really good and quite fast. We had to follow a course around the snow with parts going down hill and parts going uphill.

• TOBOGGANING

My daughters really enjoyed the tobogganing in Lapland. All the activities were great fun, as we do not get much chance to play in the snow in England.

• REINDEER SLEIGH RIDES

The reindeer rides were more gentle than the husky rides. You can get reindeer sleigh rides in other places but, it was really special in the north pole.

• HUSKEY SLEIGH RIDES

We had a great ride on the sleighs being pulled by Huskys. when the dogs were waiting to pull the sleighs they barked and barked then when they were pulling they were silent.

• HUSKEY SLEIGH RIDES

• Fell Lapland Nature Centre

This the nature reserve and visitor centre between Kittila and Kilpisjarvi. This whole region is full of mountains and water makes this area optimal for hiking in the national park near by here.

• The local church

This is the local church here, few hundreds metres from the centre, they were very excited to have a tourist stepping in and interested about this church.

Kittilä Hotels

• Hotel Kittila

This hotel was also possibility to stay in, but I really got so much better offer and nice service...

Kittilä Restaurants

by Gili_S Written Feb 5, 2006

This is a local small coffee shop here, nothing special, but there is no any real alternative beside the local hotel, places are closed after 5 PM.

Kittilä Nightlife

by Gili_S Written Feb 5, 2006

There is a pub/club at the local hotel, if you want to socialize with the locals, that is the perfect place, everyone who just stepped in is a friend of the local drunks, I didn’t took any photo inside here for the safety of my camera ;-)

Kittilä Shopping

by Gili_S Written Feb 5, 2006

Being on the west side of the Finnish Lapland and in a region which is usually crowded in the winter with ski holiday there are few souvenirs stores here where you can by lots of local items for handcrafts to clothing

What to buy: By the shirt, if you can aford it.

Kittilä Off The Beaten Path

by Gili_S Written Feb 5, 2006

The Ounasjoki River is one of the largest in the north of Finland, a great place for leisure or fishing.

Kittilä Favorites

by Gili_S Written Feb 5, 2006

Favorite thing: There is nothing special I can say about Kittila, it is an average middle of nowhere town in the north of Finland, maybe I was a bit unlucky when here as it was the only really rainy and cold day during my Lapland tour, so, I hope to be more lucky next time.

Kittila official

On the way to Kittila

Instant Answers: Kittilä

Comments

Kittilä Travel Guide
Map of Kittilä