Colmar Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Colmar

• antistar's Profile Photo

Le Petit Schlossberg: Relaxed Local

by antistar Written Oct 16, 2013

What attracted me to Le Petit Schlossberg was the kindness of the service. Walking past I saw the waiter serving three pensioners who were clearly doing nothing but taking their time over a small beer, and he was polite and friendly all the same. It proved a good choice, for while the food was simple, it was tasty, well priced, and served with a smile in English or French (no matter), For a tourist town like Colmar, it's a good find - straightforward food, with no fuss, in pleasant, heavily wooded surroundings. Recommended.

• antistar's Profile Photo

Wistub La Krutenau: Lunch by the River

by antistar Written Oct 16, 2013

Beer and pizza Alsatian style with a wonderful riverside location in Little Venice. The food's not that great, the service can get very slow as the place fills, but it won't disappoint for a quick lunch or coffee.

Waffles and Cream, Colmar

• Christophe01's Profile Photo

Wistub Brenner: excellent

by Christophe01 Updated Aug 24, 2012

Alsatian traditional restaurant, meals on the terrace, one evening in August, very plesant. The service was impeccable and the waitress very friendly.
    I recommend.

Favorite Dish: a square of piglet with potatoes and many "Girolles"(Mushrooms).
    the piglet melts in the mouth, all served with a white wine from the region.

Wistub Brenner

• Turska's Profile Photo

Brasserie Schwendi: I still dream about it!

by Turska Updated Apr 4, 2011

We were planning to eat something "small" because we aren´t used to eat warm lunch at all. So we ordered rösti. We thought it would be something like in Finland or Germany. I choosed the one with eggs and cheese, and I thought I would have a small plate. When we saw the plates coming, we first thought there has been a mistake. I would have never thought that rösti could mean something like that.
    But it was sooooo gooood, that I still dream of it, it wets my mouth to think of it! I don´t know if the rösti in Switzerland would have been like this (we didn´t have time to taste), or elsewhere in Alsace, but this was really heavenly good. I don´t want to think how many calories there must have been with that cream and cheese..

Favorite Dish: Rösti with eggs. My husband had one with bacon and sweet pepper, and liked it a lot too. Both had little bit of ham at the top.

• didier06's Profile Photo

Schwendi bier winstub: good food

by didier06 Updated Feb 12, 2010

We wanted to eat a local food , and after four restaurants (all full) we find this one . We have to wait and after a little moment we had a table.
    We choose "flambée" and "rosti" .
    probably it's not the best choice in colmar but the food was good, the server was hepful and the price wasn't expensive.

• Seniors

• breughel's Profile Photo

Restaurant au Koïfhus.: My best choice in Colmar.

by breughel Written Dec 26, 2009

We had diner in this restaurant located behind the famous “Koïfhus” the Old Customs house of Colmar about ten times between 2003 until 2009 and can say that the quality ratio/price is very good.
    The dishes are mostly Alsatian and thus tasty without the fuss of the new kitchen. In the restaurant Koïfhus the plates are well filled.

The carte (in French and German) presents a dozen entries in the prices of 8 - 10 €, five fish dishes or shellfish (10 - 14 €), a dozen meat dishes (13 - 16 €) of which we particularly appreciated the rib steak with Munster cheese, veal escalope with cream or calf kidneys. The accompaniment of these dishes often consists of delicious "spaetzli" (noodles). In season there are also dishes with game.

A dozen dishes (12 - 15 €) are devoted to the Alsatian regional kitchen. Beside traditional choucroutes, there are the “Baeckhoffe” with three meats, the potato gratin with Munster, the half cockerel with Riesling, etc.

In the evening only they serve as principal dish or entry delicious “Flammekuchen” or tartes flambées (6 - 7€). They are very thin as they should be.

Beers or wines of Alsace. The wines are at very reasonable prices served in a carafe or in bottles. We use to take a bottle of Crémant d'Alsace Brut (20 €) which we drink as aperitif and which accompanies the main dish.

The service is effective and pleasant. The restaurant is often full; in tourist season it is recommended to make a reservation.

Restaurant au Ko��fhus - inside Restaurant au Ko��fhus.
    • Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Brasserie des Dominicains.....: First Flammekeuche.....

by Maryimelda Updated Oct 12, 2009

This restaurant is situated in the Town Centre at a particularly attractive corner. I was there for lunch and the place was jumping. Service was as good as I could expect given that there wasn't a spare seat in the house. Special praise for the clean and comfortable washroom.

Favorite Dish: There were many temptations on offer but I opted for the Flammekeuche because I had heard so much about it and was eager to try it. I chose the onions, bacon and cheese variety and it was delicious. It wasn't long however before I was sick of the sight of Flammekeuche on just about every menu in the Alsace region and into the Land Baden Wuerturmburg region of Germany.

Brasserie des Dominicains.... My first Flammekeuche........

• dutchboycalledjan's Profile Photo

Thanh-Binh: Vietnamese, as real as possible

by dutchboycalledjan Written Jul 27, 2008

According to my sister-in-law, this restaurant is as close to vietnamese - and not chinese - as she has ever eaten in Europe. It is a small, not very fancy place. The food is tasteful, well prepared; the people friendly.

• JLBG's Profile Photo

L’Auberge: L’Auberge

by JLBG Written Mar 30, 2008

L’Auberge is a classical "Brasserie" with a large dining room. It is always busy but there is a fast turnover and you never wait very long.

They serve all the local specialities. The staff is efficient and friendly. The food is very good. It is the kind of restaurant where you are never disappointed.

Favorite Dish: I had an excellent beackehof.

• robertbaum's Profile Photo

Au Koifhus: central and typical Alsatian food

by robertbaum Written Nov 11, 2007

First we were sceptical, because at such a prominent location we thought of little value for money. On the contrary it was full house, locals or tourists we could not keep apart. Despite our scepticism we entered. But we were positively surprised by the taste of the food and can recommend this restaurant for its Alsatian food.

Favorite Dish: We had two starters and one main dish for two and felt it to be plenty. A Riesling was a perfect match.

Foie gras de canard maison
    Tourte aux cèpes et confit de canard
    Moules marinières, frites

I have added a picture of the menu, so you will get an idea what they offer.

Tourte aux c��pes et confit de canard Foie gras de canard maison the restaurant inside menu

• gueto's Profile Photo

Salon de Thé: Like in grandma's home

by gueto Updated Jun 30, 2007

You enter through a "piece of art" door. The ambient is pretty much Art Nouveau. Inside the owner serves you and treats you like a grandchild. She has a collection of teapots and cookies tins.
    Get to drink a nice cappucino or tea.
    I remember one time in Winter that it was freezing cold outside and when I got in, everything looked so homy and cousy and I couldn't resist staying there for a long hour watching all the decoration and details on the walls.

Favorite Dish: Well, It's a coffee and tea shop. I love Mint tea and a slice of cake.

Salon de the
    • Women's Travel

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo

Brasserie Schwendi: Restaurant in the old town

by Kate-Me Written Jul 25, 2006

The cuisine of this restaurant seemed mainly Alsatian, so leaning more towards German influences than French.
    My friend Madeleine had the Choucroute (Sauerkraut) and Porc and seemed to rather enjoy it.
    We chose Rosti (fried potatoes) as we loved it in Switzerland, but discovered the French version is not at all the same - more floating in cheese and cream liquid like a tartiflette than a Rosti.
    My husband was further disappointed when the bread rolls turned out to be 'hard as rocks' and he felt that for drinks and 12E meals, we should have had a bit better service than we did (but friends elsewhere in France warned us that in the summer, for that price we couldn't expect much service, which quite surprised us)

menu our restaurant awning in the distance
    • Beer Tasting

• german_eagle's Profile Photo

Brasserie Unterlinden: Lunch

by german_eagle Written Jul 11, 2004

Typical Alsacienne restaurant/winstub. Although located in a touristy area right by the Unterlinden Museum the food was very good. I enjoyed sitting outside and watching people :-)

Favorite Dish: I chose the tourist menu (menu classique). It started with a green salad with asparagus, strawberries and pate de foie gras (fantastic), main course was pasta and salmon (fair), finally a selection of cheese (excellent). I had a quarter of good local white wine (Riesling) and water plus a café au lait. The bill was 32 Euro incl. tip. (but you can eat cheaper there)

Brasserie Unterlinden (left)

• gueto's Profile Photo

Au Fer Rouge: Our wedding day restaurant

by gueto Written May 19, 2004

Well, we discovered this restaurant a long time before getting married but we loved the food that much that we decided to celebrate our wedding day there.
    The restaurant in very stylish and it is in the heart of downtown.
    The chef is a very friendly guy.

Favorite Dish: Well, the chef keeps on changing the menu but at that time I loved everything. Whatever you choose is an Alsacian speciality. And the wine....well, even more incredible than the food. They have a nice cellar down there.
    I specially loved the "terrine"of Mr Patrick FULGRAFF.

Interior of the restaurant
    • Wine Tasting

• Pakistaniguy's Profile Photo

Crépe Stub: Crépe

by Pakistaniguy Updated Mar 31, 2004

This restaurant is built in a very old and artistic building. There is only one small room to sit and enjoy your desserts or supper. The ceiling is of old, very old wood and it feels like that u have gone back into the old times.

Favorite Dish: Oh My God ! This Crépe which i had in this restaurant was The Best! I must say that if u come to Colmar and do not try this Crépe, you are definitely missing a lot !!! I had a Creme and Vanila flavoured Crépe. The price was 4.90 Euro, which is a little higher but in my opinion it was more than worth it !

Strawberry Cr��pe.

Instant Answers: Colmar

Comments

Colmar Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Colmar restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Colmar sightseeing.