Getting Around Colmar

Most Viewed Transportation in Colmar

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Road train.....

by Maryimelda Written Oct 12, 2009

As I get older, I find that I have slowed down a bit where walking is concerned, so when there is a little road train tour available anywhere I take it. The reason being that I can learn where the things I want to see are located and I can even ferret out the ones that are not worthwhile or add ones that I knew nothing about.
    In Colmar the little green train costs 6 Euro to ride and leaves from outside the Monoprix store in the little square.

• Seniors

• german_eagle's Profile Photo

From Germany

by german_eagle Written Jul 11, 2004

When I planned my day trip from Freiburg/Germany to Colmar I realised how lousy the connections between the two cities are. Unbelievable since they are so close to each other. The Deutsche Bahn website even gave me directions via Basel! Brrrrr!

Finally I found out that I could go by suburban railway to Breisach and from there to Colmar by bus - but this bus runs only four times or so each day. My hotel guest card provided free travel on the Freiburg - Breisach train and the fare for the bus was 3.60 Euro each way. I highly recommend to get off the bus in Colmar at the huge parking lot north of the old town - don't go all the way to the final stop (railway station) like I did. It is a detour of at least 15 minutes.

I left Freiburg 9.25 am and arrived Colmar 10.26 (the only reasonable morning connection - don't miss it!). Back 5.20 pm from Colmar by bus, changing in Breisach, arrival 6.32 pm Freiburg. There is ONE later connection at 7 or 8 something from Colmar.

• antistar's Profile Photo

Air

by antistar Written Oct 21, 2013

Nearby Strasbourg has a small international airport serviced by a number of major carriers, including Iberia, Czech Airlines and Royal Air Maroc. There's also a couple of budget airlines, like Ryanair. The Alsace region also has a much bigger airport on the Swiss border called Euroairport. It handles five times the passengers, and is serviced by many more carriers, especially budget airlines. It's even a hub for Easyjet.

• ABQ_Hugh's Profile Photo

Colmar bus map - whole map online

by ABQ_Hugh Updated Jun 30, 2008

One thing I dislike is going to a transportation site and having to look at a bus/train, etc. map one small grid at a time. I like to see an overview of the map.

The TRACE [Colmar public transportation] website lets you see only one small 225x225 pixel grid of the map at a time. To remedy this, the link below opens a page that loads the entire grid of the Colmar bus map into a browser window.

Colmar bus map

Latest: Feb 26, 2014
Hotel Turenne
Latest: Apr 3, 2014

Instant Answers: Colmar

Comments

Colmar Transportation

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Colmar locals.
Map of Colmar