Illhaeusern Travel Guide

Illhaeusern Hotels

Illhaeusern Restaurants

• ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Updated Jun 13, 2010

I didn't eat here but with 3 Michelin stars the Satisfaction Index should surely be A Great Experience.
    The restaurant also has hotel rooms. I'd advice that, you don't want to make a big trip after a huge meal. Or drop yourself off at hotel Les Hirondelles, 100 m further.

I did check out the website and Menu

In the BBC series "Masterchef" one of the finalists went to cook here. It was great to look 'inside' that way!

Favorite Dish: Now let's just fantasize. I've seen the menu and would choose:
    Starter:
    L'oeuf moulé, poché sur une poêlée d'écrevisses et champignons sauvages, tartine
    croustillante aux petits pois 43,00 €
    Starter 2:
    La truffe sous la cendre 137,00 €
    Fish course:
    Le filet de sandre, tempura de grenouille, risotto vert d'orge perlé, jus d'oseille 40,00 €
    Main course
    La noix de ris de veau en viennoise épicée, légumes au citron confit 50,00 €
    Cheese course:
    Le chariot de fromages 24,00 €

That would amount to € 294 excluding dessert, wines, coffee !

• Luxury Travel

• Ujamaflip's Profile Photo

by Ujamaflip Written Aug 25, 2008

I took my wife here a special treat for our first wedding anniversary, we stayed at the attached Hotel des Berges, and ate here in the evening.

The gardens of the restaurent are wonderfull, with great views along the banks of the river Ill. Inside the restaurant has a combination of modern and classical styles, which fit perfectly in this environment.

The staff were highly attentive and made us both feel very comfortable and special, but they did not smother us, providing a good level of privacy.

The menu is world class, as verified by the 3 michelin stars this restaurant has sported for many years. Indeed the Haiberlin family family are world renowned for this restaurant, and we were not disappointed.

The wine list is well filled, as expected, and the somalier was freindly and helpful. A wide range of wines with costs from affordable to crazy are available, and we weren't disappointed with our choice.

Favorite Dish: As an appetizer I had "Les asperges vertes et caviar Petrossian", an assemble of asparagus, lobster and caviar. My wife took "Veloutê aux 3 crabes en 'Dimsum'", a variation on the Chinese dumplings. Both were superb.

As a main course I took "Filet de chevreul", venison filet served in a classic format. My wife chose "Homard 'Prince Wladimir'", lobster in a delicious sauce. Again both were fantastic.

To finish off I took the wild berry soufle and my wife took some chocolate assemble, both washed down with a Muscat de Venise Laurus.

An unforgettable meal.

The Restaurant from the Garden The Restaurant from the Road Victoria by the Ill from the Restaurant
    • Wine Tasting

• maartenw's Profile Photo

by maartenw Updated Jun 30, 2007

The top restaurants in the world are decorated with a Michelin star, the absolute best of the best can get 3 stars. Currently there are 59 restaurants worldwide that can be proud of this highest distinction. It's very hard to get a star, it's even harder to maintain them. Restaurant L'Auberge de l'Ill has had 3 Michelin stars since 1967. Need I say more?
    L'Auberge de l'Ill is run by the Haeberlin family as a well-oiled machine. Everything that finds its way to your plate or glass is absolutely perfect in every way.
    Service is crisp, though not as immaculate as one may expect in a restaurant with such a status. Serving a course while one of the guests hasn't returned from the toilet is simply not done.

Favorite Dish: We had the Haeberlin menu (see pics) which consists of 7 absolutely delicious courses. The tastes of all the dishes are highly refined, subtle and extremely well-balanced. They're never spectacular or exuberant. The a-la-carte menu shows many classic high-class ingredients: lobster, caviar, truffle, foie gras. The Haeberlin menu, which changes from time to time, has a more experimental character. When was the last time you had 'sea urchin tongues'?

Of course the wines were a sublime addition to the dishes. We asked the sommelier to recommend us some top local Alsace wines. We had a divine riesling, a surprising pinot noir by Albert Mann, a velvet 'vendange tardive' with the desserts and a glass of 'marc de gewurztraminer' as a digistive.

Le menu Haeberlin

Instant Answers: Illhaeusern

Comments

Illhaeusern Travel Guide
Map of Illhaeusern