Niederroedern Travel Guide

  • Eglise Saint Jacques - the organ
    Eglise Saint Jacques - the organ
    by robertbaum
  • Eglise Saint Jacques - Church Saint James
    Eglise Saint Jacques - Church Saint...
    by robertbaum
  • Eglise Saint Jacques - Church Saint James
    Eglise Saint Jacques - Church Saint...
    by robertbaum

Niederroedern Things to Do

  • robertbaum's Profile Photo
    Rue d�� la Haute Vienne - view to the church 4 more images

    by robertbaum Updated May 14, 2008

    2 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    The Rue dé la Haute Vienne (D34) is one of the main roads in Niederroedern. It starts from where the church defines the town's focal point and leads straight to the west.

    Many timber frame houses line both sides of the road (see the pictures). The house No. 26 is where Friederike Brion was born.

    Related to:
    • Historical Travel
    • Architecture

    Was this review helpful?

  • robertbaum's Profile Photo
    Eglise Saint Jacques - the organ 1 more image

    by robertbaum Updated May 14, 2008

    2 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    The organ in the 1765 built church holds some surprise.

    It was built in the 18th century in 1754, so it is slightly older than this church, but came to this church not until 1862. Its original place was in an old church in Soultz-sous-Forêts where it was built by Johann Carl BAUMANN. Later than it was transferred to Niederroedern by the organ builder's house STIEHR.

    Related to:
    • Historical Travel
    • Music
    • Architecture

    Was this review helpful?

  • robertbaum's Profile Photo
    Eglise Saint Jacques - the side altar and pulpit 2 more images

    by robertbaum Updated May 14, 2008

    2 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    Beside the choir still in the nave a wooden pulpit on the left and a wooden side altar on the right draw the attention of the visitor. Both are simply carved wooden furnitures.

    Related to:
    • Historical Travel
    • Religious Travel
    • Arts and Culture

    Was this review helpful?

Niederroedern Sports & Outdoors

  • robertbaum's Profile Photo
    Walking course FRONBERG

    by robertbaum Written May 14, 2008

    The circuit Fronberg is a walking trail marked by the Club Vosgien with a red circle and starts at the town hall (Mairie) where also this map hangs.

    It takes 75 minutes to complete the course

    Related to:
    • Hiking and Walking

    Was this review helpful?

Niederroedern Favorites

  • robertbaum's Profile Photo
    Coat of arms

    by robertbaum Written May 14, 2008

    Favorite thing: This picture shows the coat of arms of Niederroedern, I guess it is a stylized arrowhead or spearhead.

    Was this review helpful?

Instant Answers: Niederroedern

Get an instant answer from local experts and frequent travelers

105 travelers online now

Comments

Niederroedern Travel Guide
Map of Niederroedern

View all Niederroedern hotels