Strasbourg Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Strasbourg

• german_eagle's Profile Photo

L'Ancienne Douanne: An oasis in the busy city

by german_eagle Written Sep 29, 2003

The terrace above the river

It is a large restaurant with very good service, declicious food and - best thing - a fantastic terrace right above the Ill river.

Favorite Dish: We had lunch there - salad plus fish filet with pasta, my friend salad plus chicken pie and pasta - and it was of excellent quality.

• mariev's Profile Photo

La Casserole: Fine cooking near the Cathedral

by mariev Written Feb 15, 2008

Not especially alsacian, more generally french.
    La Casserole is situated in a very touristy area but patrons are 95% locals : families, small groups of friends, couples...
    The restaurant is not obvious from outside and the deco is very subdued, the ambience is on the quiet and intimate side but the cooking is refined and excellent.

A very good place for a little splurge

The restaurant is closed on sundays

Favorite Dish: The fish dishes are especially recommended.
    The menu changes often depending on the freshest season products available

• Business Travel

COMFORT HOTEL OUEST STRASBOURG: EXCELLENT MEALS

by balhannah Written Jun 16, 2013

My Omelette

We were staying at the Hotel Ouest, so decided to give the Hotel Restaurant a try. When we entered, we noticed it was busy, no problem though, the waiter soon found a table for 2 for us. The Restaurant was decked out lovely!
    Our order was quickly taken, and it wasn't long before the meal was delivered to our table. I had ordered an Omelette as I wasn't that hungry. What a shock I had! [see photo]. The Omelette was huge, and it was accompanied by chips and salad making it a huge meal, one I had no chance of finishing. I felt really embarrassed as the meal was excellent. Cost was 9.8 euros
    My husband had a Pork Knuckle which the Restaurant specializes in, this came with mashed potato. His knuckle was huge, tender and very nice. Cost 13.8 euros.

We both have no hesitation in recommending this Restaurant

• sunlovey's Profile Photo

Brasserie Au Dauphin: Cozy artsy atmosphere serving up comfort food

by sunlovey Updated Apr 4, 2011

Me checking out the menu @ Au Dauphin

What cool, cozy, vibrant, even romantic atmosphere this place had...

The menu is in French & German and the food is a melange of French & German cuisine...

I absolutely loved the decor... tons of bright still lifes captured in dramatic golden frames... oh and the entrance, a beautiful lighted canopy of vines.

I found the prices totally reasonable. This place might of been a bit on the touristy side but I really liked it nonetheless.

Favorite Dish: I had a delicious vegetarian dish of mushrooms and spaetzle in a cognac butter sauce here, and of course, wine!

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo

L'Ami Schutz: Traditional French dishes

by Cristian_Uluru Written Sep 13, 2008

L'Ami Schutz

L'Ami Schutz is located in the "Petite France District", one of the most beautiful place of Strasbourg. Here you can taste French and local dishes with an original touch. The staff is very friendly and the ambience is very nice: an old house with a nice garden.

Favorite Dish: The restaurant is quite good. It has got some menu of different prices so you can choose what do you like. I taste a disgusting Le gaspacho de tomate et pastèque, île au basilic (Tomato and watermelon Gaspacho soup with a basil flavoured « island »); very good was La poêlée de saumon au lard et aux champignons, misala et ail en chemise,
    jus corsé au cumin (Fried salmon with bacon, mushrooms, baby potatoes and baked garlic cloves, cumin sauce) and for dessert you must taste the homemade ice cream or La crème caramel aux zestes d'agrumes (A vanilla caramel flan with citrus zests).

• balhannah's Profile Photo

RISS PATISSIER & CHOCOLATIER: DON'T MISS AFTERNOON TEA HERE!

by balhannah Updated Jun 18, 2013

Riss

It was the middle of the afternoon and our legs were so tired! Time for a coffee, but where? We spotted "Riss!" Soon we were across the road looking in the window at the very attractive selection of cakes, this was good enough to make us venture inside.
    Inside, the selection was huge, hard for us to make our minds up, but we did and put in our order for a coffee too. We were given a number and told to make our way upstairs and our afternoon tea would be brought to us.
    Upstairs in this old building was an open centre piece which had railing surrounding it. From here, I could look down onto the ground floor of the shop.
    Our afternoon tea was very nice! After spending a while here, it was time to go downstairs to pay our bill and then do more exploring of Strasbourg.
    Would I return - Most definitely!

• Seniors

Café at the Place du Corbeau: Café with internet

by Nemorino Updated Jul 7, 2006

Caf�� at the Place du Corbeau

This café at the Place du Corbeau is one of the more pleasant places to get an internet connection, as it is not so cramped as in most of the internet cafés.

And you can actually get a good cup of coffee here.

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo

Restaurant Pere Benoit: Amazing Food

by cheekymarieh Updated Apr 4, 2011

The restaurant has a rustic feel to it and is housed in part of the 18th century farm building. It seems to be exceptionally popular with the local French people and it isn't hard to understand why. The menu offers some fantastic dishes and wines - mostly specialities of the region.

Favorite Dish: Main course was monk fish and prawns in a delicious seasonal sauce
    The meal looked as if it was a picture upon the plate.

• balhannah's Profile Photo

LA TABLE D'EMILIE: GOOD FOOD, SERVICE & PRICE!

by balhannah Written Jun 17, 2013

My Flambee

Where to eat, the problem was choosing from the many Restaurants in Strasbourg. In the end, we decided upon this Restaurant, as I wanted to try the Flambee. We were welcomed by an Asian waiter who was nice and friendly, who told us we could sit either indoors or outside, we chose inside. We were the only ones there, but before we left, the Restaurant was full. Our meal arrived, and I must say, both of us enjoyed it. To us, it was like a Pizza.
    Flambee is an Alsatian dish composed of bread dough rolled out very thin, mine was covered with cheese and ham. It's cooked in a wood fired oven.
    Legend says that the "creators" of this dish were Alemannic-speaking farmers from Alsace.
    We found it to be a cheap, filling meal.

Café Opéra: Café Opéra

by Nemorino Updated Jul 7, 2006

Caf�� Op��ra

This café is located in one corner of the opera house. When there is a performance they sell drinks and food before and after, and during the intermission. During the day they are also open except on holidays, and when the weather is nice they also set up tables out by the front entrance to the opera house, among the pillars.

• myriam_c's Profile Photo

Il Girasole: Il Girasole

by myriam_c Updated Jul 8, 2009

An excellent Italian restaurant. We were not the only ones that thought so, because it was packed. Not with tourists, but with locals as far as we could see/hear.

Favorite Dish: My husband had a well topped pizza while I chose ravioli with ricotta and spinach in a cream sauce. Delicious!

• antistar's Profile Photo

Bistro et Chocolat: It's nothing like vegetarian food

by antistar Written Oct 5, 2013

Bistro et Chocolat, Strasbourg

Gourmet vegetarian food at a decent price.

Eating vegetarian food in France isn't easy, and I've rarely enjoyed the cuisine here for which the country is so famous. Sometimes you find something special, and this is one such place. The food is experimental without being bizarre. It's gourmet but with a focus on taste. The presentation is amazing but the price is reasonable. The whole experience is the result of a love of food, especially vegetarian food. You'll probably never eat anything like it again.

The twist is hinted at in the name - chocolate and sweet things in general. The savoury dishes often have a hint of dessert to them, like waffles toasted in red pesto and smothered in cream cheese to look just like something sweet. The desserts maintain the theme, with offerings like chocolate soup.

The prices are very reasonable for the quality - and if the dishes look a little small they end up being the perfect amount, leaving just enough room for the dessert that you must try. But if you want even better value they have daily specials.

The only downside to the place is that it is very popular - sometimes with queues for a table in the small interior. On warmer days you can eat outside, but even if you can get a table the service can be slow as there seems to be only one person working the small interior.

S'Kaffeestuebel: Quiche

by Nemorino Updated May 4, 2009

S'Kaffeestuebel

A nice scruffy little café at Place Henri Dunant where you can have a quiche to eat and something to drink.

Update: Thanks to VT member kokoryko (Hermann) for pointing out that this café is called S'Kaffeestuebel (not S'Kaffeesteubel, as I originally wrote) and that it is located on Place Henri Dunant (not Durant).

Henri Dunant (1828-1910) was the founder of the Red Cross and was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1901. There have also been various people called Henri Durant, but none of them were famous enough to rate getting a square named after them in Strasbourg.

• Ken-out-of-Bath's Profile Photo

Restaurant PIERRE BOIS ET FEU: Don't Choose

by Ken-out-of-Bath Updated Apr 4, 2011

There is a story of a young photographer who was sent for his first assignment; the town mayor opening the new town hall.

When he returned to the newspaper offices, his boss asked, "Where is the photo?"

The young snapper replied, "I couldn't get one! The mayor fell down the steps right in front of me and broke his leg so he didn't open the new town hall!"

I am that photographer :-(

We spent a long time in Strasbourg trying to find the best place to eat, away from the tourist traps. This place was perfect.

We were given the menus and we couldn't choose so I asked the waiter if the chef could please choose two starters, two main courses and to supply the wine to accompany the food.

It was the best choice of the day.

Favorite Dish: Alex was given Foie Gras and I was given Prawns - so we swapped them!

The foie gras was served on finely chopped white wine jelly (at the risk of running out of descriptive words) it was amazing!

The large, juicy Prawns were cooked to perfection.

I had a steak for a main course which came to my table after being partly cooked and it was then IRONED (!) using an old fashioned iron that had been heated up over a flame. Wonderful!

Alex had a medley of fish which looked and tasted fantastic.

Alex had a chocolate pudding while I had peaches baked with cheese! It shouldn't have tasted so good!

At every stage the wine supplied was exactly right to complement the food.

But no photos :-(

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

Bistro Romain: Well facilitated Italian restaurant, and Cheap!

by Bob_Shan Written Jan 30, 2005

Bistro Romain

This is a big restaurant close to the place Kleber, with easy but rather cosy settings. Two candles were placed on each table , making the atmosphere very romantic, especially in a cold winter night.

Favorite Dish: "All you can eat - Carparicco"
    Very flesh meat sliced in very thin slices. Put some Lemon, cheese powder, pepper and sault ---- and ---- you can eat as many as possible!!!
    Fries was free as well.

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Strasbourg

Comments

Strasbourg Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Strasbourg restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Strasbourg sightseeing.