Bayonne Restaurants

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo

Cafe Moka: Good value Bayonne lunch

by aaaarrgh Updated Jul 24, 2006

meal deal moins cher

Cafe Moka is a brasserie/bar in Petit Bayonne, opposite the Chateau Neuf. It serves excellent value lunchtime formules - for example, starter/main course/coffee for 8.50 euros. There was an extremely wide choice of dishes, freshly cooked and tasty. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly - for example, as I got up to leave, the waitress offered to refill my water bottle with the ice cold tap water.

I had a green salad for a starter, followed by an 'assiette de Petit Bayonne' - this turned out to be a massive fresh omelette, stuffed with Bayonne ham and tomato/pepper sauce, with a choice of either thick chips or green beans.

If you want to go 'up market' there is a slightly more stylish brasserie next door!

cheval blanc: 1* michelin restaurant

by ilovespain Updated Jul 22, 2006

I came for dinner while staying in Biarritz one night. The restaurant has a small but interesting menu. For 80 euro, you can have a 5-course meal- appetizer, seafood plate, meat plate and two desserts. Very good deal indeed. I should have, but I would feel so guilty eating two desserts. So I ordered a la carte instead and ended up paying more for less. (dumb move!) The cream of green bean soup was pretty good, so was the pigeon stuffed with fois gras. I had strawberry "crunchies" for dessert which was so delicious. Yummy! The wine was local from St. Emillion, it cost 38 euro for a half bottle and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Talking to the chef, he actually had worked in San Francisco for a while but found himself happier back home. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody, if you are coming from Biarritz, take the bus because the taxicab fare costs 20 euro.

• ilovespain's Profile Photo

The restaurant in Hotel Loustau: Good food...

by ilovespain Written Jul 21, 2006

Overlooking the Adour River, I waited in the hotel lobby until noon when the restaurant finally opened. For the appetizer, I had mussels baked in saffron sauce. Mmmmm, not bad! The main course was veal with tagatelli. I liked it. The profiterole was mouth watering. The waiter/waitress were very friendly (I choked so bad when the waiter tried to say 'thank you' in Chinese).

• ilovespain's Profile Photo

Francois Miura: French cooking Basque Style.....

by ilovespain Written Feb 3, 2006

This is a small family run restaurant, two blocks from the River Nive. The husband is the chef and the wife is the manager. There are about 10 tables in a very contemporary sleek setting. I had a green salad with foie gras to start, and then lobster and monkfish to follow. They were both delicious. For dessert, I think I had the apricot souffle (or is it orange?). Yum yum. I was going to try a 1* Michelin restaurant Le Cheval Blanc that day but they are not open for lunch on Mondays. This is a pretty good alternative, I guess. Will find out next time when I am in town again. :0) All that good food with a demi bottle of wine and coffee: 70 Euro. My rating: 9.

Instant Answers: Bayonne

Comments

Bayonne Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bayonne restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bayonne sightseeing.