Salignac Travel Guide

Salignac Village
    Salignac Village

Salignac Things to Do

by balhannah Written Oct 14, 2011

Now, I think we are on our final leg!

Peeking around the corner of the "Alley of Madonna' there was a vegetable garden, set out in the old style. Mmm! Not much growing there, perhaps the wrong time of the year!

Next is the Flower garden, and nothing much here either, so I continue my walk, past the Nursery garden, the Topiary courtyard, Olive tree garden and the Enchanted Terrace, until I reached the "White Garden."

The White garden was really nice, I could just imagine many a Wedding being held in the beautiful setting.
    And so, this concluded our wonderful day in Eyrignac Manor Gardens, a really beautiful garden, but probably more so, if there when the bulbs and flowers were in bloom. If you check the website, you will see the variety of Flowers and Bulbs in the garden.

We exited through the gift shop, and enjoyed our late morning tea in the picnic area!

The White garden @ Eyrignac Manor garden The White garden @ Eyrignac Manor garden The Gift shop @ Eyrignac Manor garden
    • Women's Travel

by balhannah Written Oct 14, 2011

Well, our last stop in the garden is nice, I wonder what is through the Archway?

And so we walk through, and find another two buildings in the same stone. One, is a small Cottage, rather quaint, and the other looks to be a Barn with living Quarter's. On the pamphlet, it says they are the Service Quarters.

Time to head back now, so we walk up the right hand side of the garden, finding Bird cages and a Lover's room on the way. I can't tell you if the "lover's room" was open or not!

Checking out the other side of the footpath, and I find a lovely long pond, surrounded by trimmed hedges, with many pots along the edge. A pity the water was green! It still was nice though, and it is called the "Alley of Madonna."

Walking a little further up the hill, I found what looked to be a room and another small pond. On reading the notice, I found it was the old Washroom! An open air one at that! How things have changed!

Service quarter's Service quarters at Eyrignac Manor Garden Alley of Madonna Alley of Madonna The old washroom in the garden

by balhannah Written Oct 14, 2011

Continuing on after my rest in the Outdoor room, I am now entering where the Artaban Manor and the small Romanesque Chapel is located.
    The old, double storied house, built in a golden coloured stone, with a white Rose and the entrance, surrounded by stone built wall that was covered in ivy, well, it was a lovely setting!
    Across the courtyard, was the Chapel, and I was able to go inside. It was pretty plain, but that was to be expected! A nice part of the garden!

The Chapel @ Eyrignac Manor gardens The courtyard Eyrignac Manor gardens The courtyard Eyrignac Manor gardens Inside the Chapel Eyrignac Manor gardens Artaban Manor @ Eyrignac Manor gardens
    • Religious Travel

Instant Answers: Salignac

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I knew you would have been there! Garden looks terrific, we missed that one. Thanks for sharing, Ian

Salignac Travel Guide