Built in the first half of the 12th c and dedicated to St Martial before being transformed and re-dedicated to Ste. Foy. Principally constructed for pilgrims on the "Camino", it is part of a triad of churches built in the same style with the same type of arch and sculpted figures by the architects of the cathedral at Conques. The others are both in Spain at Eunate and Olcoz. The interior of the church has most of its decoration dating from the 1300s, although the "Pieta" is from the early 1400s. The cross in stone facing the main entrance is from 1631 but the forged iron cross behind the church only dates from the late 1800s.