Clermont-Ferrand Restaurants

Sam and I at Le Bar d’O.
    Two beautiful ladies!
    by Jerelis
    Waiting for our orders at Le Bar d’O.

Most Recent Restaurants in Clermont-Ferrand

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

La Goulette: The much loved kebab.

by Jerelis Written Dec 13, 2012
    Iris is waiting for her kebab.

Kebab is a much-loved snack in many parts of the world, and Clermont-Ferrand in France is no exception. We arrived around diner time at the small but beautiful square at Rue Ballainvillers. We just finished an 1100 kilometer drive from the Netherlands and were in need of some fine and especially fast food. We had a walk around the amazing cozy square with its beautiful facades and ended up at La Goulette. I guess the name doesn’t says it all, but it is a fast-food outlet that sells sandwiches, kebabs and burgers. Nothing fancy, but it was just what we needed at that time!

The owner was really nice and welcomed us very polite. The snack corner and the counter were very clean, which gave us a very good feeling. We ordered 3 huge kebab roll filled with fries and one portion of French fries. I must say that the snacks were excellent, especially the kebab. To be honest, for the kids it was way too much to handle, but it just tasted good. So, is this a place to go again? I guess it is just about what you are looking for. Do you need a fast snack? Then you’re in the right place. Enjoy!

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

Le Bar d’O: Bit of a prestigious café.

by Jerelis Written Dec 13, 2012
    Sam and I at Le Bar d���O.

Clermont-Ferrand ranks amongst the oldest cities of France. After a nice hike we ended up at Place de la Victoire, which is the natural centre of the historical part of the city of Clermont-Ferrand: a stage for various minor and major events, a reference point, a meeting place and the starting point or destination for walkers who want to discover the city. I cannot imagine a better place in Clermont-Ferrand to sit down for a nice refreshment and enjoy the sights to see!

Once we read the card we saw a lot of dishes to order, I guess that there are many dishes that are considered part of the French nation's national cuisine today. We saw dishes like the Basil salmon terinne, typical French Pâtisserie and ordinary pommes frites. Just have your pick I think … LOL. The Le Bar d’O is a bit of a prestigious café / restaurant and this will show in the prices, but of course you will have to pay for their beautiful spot at the square is well.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

Pizza Yvon: Late night eats and drinks

by Moustique Written Mar 9, 2005

sorry about the construction, it is for the tram

I visited this place very often. Not only does it have great pizza but they also sell wine after the stores are already closed. Since in France stores close earlier than america this is a very big deal. Beware though they are only open util 10:30pm though.

They say they have two different kinds of wine but they always seemed to be out of the cheaper one.

Favorite Dish: wine

Crousti Pain: Drunken Food

by Moustique Written Nov 12, 2003

This is bakery that opens about 4am--just about the time the bars get out. So when you are craving some food this is the best place to go. they have everything from pain au chocalat to sandwiches to pizzas. I made many stops here.

Favorite Dish: Pain au chocolate!!!!!!!!!!! One of the things i miss the most about france.

1513: Friendly atmosphere where you feel at home

by Moustique Updated Feb 5, 2003

This resturaunt is named 1513 because it was actually built in 1513. It is a creperie, but does serve other dishes. The staff is very friendly, especially the owner Emmanuel (by the way he does speak English) Definitely try it out and tell them Lori and Kelly sent you.

Favorite Dish: My favorite is the Tzarine. This is for the seafood lover. It is crepe with salmon and sour cream inside. It is topped with lime sherbert and cavier. Sounds wierd but is the best thing I have ever eaten.

Sale Sucre: Omelette Frites

by Moustique Written Mar 9, 2005

We used to eat here all the time. They have the best omelette frites in town. If you are a regular here don't forget to ask about the carte de fidelite!!

Favorite Dish: omelette frites

Bar Carnot: Pool tables

by Moustique Written Mar 9, 2005

This restaurant is located right next to Universite Blaise-Pascal. It has a couple of pool tables and a great place for students to hang out, do homework, grab a quick bite......

Favorite Dish: Chocolat chaud

Bistro Venitien: good italian food

by Moustique Written Nov 12, 2003

We went to this restaurant for all our "special occassions. It has great food and even better dessert.

Instant Answers: Clermont-Ferrand

Comments

Clermont-Ferrand Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Clermont-Ferrand restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Clermont-Ferrand sightseeing.

View all Clermont-Ferrand hotels