Langeac Travel Guide

Langeac Church of St. Gal

Langeac Things to Do

• balhannah's Profile Photo

by balhannah Written Dec 11, 2011

Langeac happened to be the Town we arrived at for morning tea. It's located in the Haute Loire department and in the Auvergne region, a very pretty area.
    The Town is only small, but historical as it date's to the middle ages. The medieval street's are narrow and worth a walk along to see the half timbered houses.
    I found the really large Catholic Church of Saint Gall beside the River Allier.
    The River was lovely, clean and calm, and had a nice park alongside, so we had morning tea here.

I noticed a few campground's around, and read that outdoor activities, such as rafting, canoe, fishing, hiking are all done here, so I imagine a popular area in school holiday's.

I didn't do this, wish I could have, so will tell you what else you can do here.........

Between Langeac (Haute-Loire) and Langogne (Lozère), there is a Train that does a scenic route through the Allier Gorge, where you can't go by Car. It says it passes by volcanoes and wild and inaccessible gorges over many structures that had to be built for the Train line.
    The Train travel's 67 km and passes through 51 tunnels and over 16 viaducts that were built in the 19th century.
    It stops for passengers to see landscapes shaped by water and volcanoes, and one of the last European rivers where Atlantic salmon comes to spawn.

Sounds good, doesn't it?

All the information is on the website I have listed.

Langeac Church of St. Gal Langeac Hotel D'ville River Allier @ Langeac River Allier @ Langeac View of Langeac
    • Religious Travel
    • Hiking and Walking

Langeac Restaurants

• balhannah's Profile Photo

by balhannah Written Dec 11, 2011

We arrived in Langeac at morning tea time.
    There are many Patiserrie's in this town, but the one we chose was La Palette Gormande.

There was an excellent, huge display of mouth watering, fattening cake's for us to choose from.
    It was hard to decide what we wanted, eventually, a choice was made and we went to the park by the River Allier to enjoy them.
    I can tell you, they were very nice, and I would return if ever here again!

Our choice La Palette Gormande La Palette Gormande La Palette Gormande La Palette Gormande

Instant Answers: Langeac

Comments

Langeac Travel Guide
Map of Langeac